Re: whatsapp interoperability

Sujet : Re: whatsapp interoperability
De : usenet (at) *nospam* andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 08. Sep 2024, 18:02:23
Andrew wrote:

Given your helpful information above, that means the kids & I will get...
1. Notifications when people try to communicate with me
2. Combined or separate inboxes being my choice
3. Rich-messaging features such as reactions, direct replies,
    typing indicators, and read receipts
4. With later inclusion of rich-messaging features such as
    the option to create groups and voice & video calling
 Is that a good summary of the article's content?
Seems to be, plus there's a choice on the WhatsApp end to enable 3rd party messengers per service ... not exactly what s|b wants, but might get it in reciprocal fashion?

If so, anyone know if that applies to both Android & to iOS?
(it probably does, but Apple has a habit of including useful
things only when and particularly only where they are mandated).
Does it apply outside the EU?