Re: FDA approves Apple AirPods as hearing aids

Sujet : Re: FDA approves Apple AirPods as hearing aids
De : ithinkiam (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Chris)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 13. Sep 2024, 09:17:03
Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2024/09/12/fda-approval-apple-airpod-hearing-aid/
FDA approves Apple AirPods as hearing aids
A software update will add a hearing aid feature to AirPods Pro 2.

The Food and Drug Administration said Thursday it has approved a piece of
software that will transform the latest model of Apple's AirPods Pro
earbuds into over-the-counter hearing aids. The company's hearing aid
feature will be pushed to eligible devices through a software update in the
coming weeks, Apple said.

That's great news. When my dad was alive he needed hearing aids and they
were eye wateringly expensive. I never understood why when for a fraction
of the price you could get significantly better tech in true wireless
earpods.

Hopefully this will shake up the industry.