Re: IOS 18

Sujet : Re: IOS 18
De : ecphoric (at) *nospam* allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 18. Sep 2024, 03:19:51
Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
On 2024-09-16, Paul Goodman <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

Just downloaded and installed IOS 18 with no problems. I'm still checking
things out, but already I can see some nice changes with the Photo's app.

I haven't checked out much, but I'm looking at my iPhone screen, on my
Mac, while the iPhone upgrades our watches. Convenient. I suspect that
I'll discover more features fairly soon.
Oh! I had to install Sequoia to do that. And...the iPhone is a XS Max,
so the good news is that it still gets new iOS upgrades. So far, so good
on everything, except I have one iPad that's too old to upgrade to the
new paradigm.

I installed Sequoia too tonight, again with no issues. I saw the icon for
phone mirroring, but I haven't tried that out yet.

This isn't a macOS vs Windows or iOS vs Android thing.

I never install any major OS upgrade immediately after its release...

...but I appreciate people that do!

Ditto. When I was younger, I used to. As an old fart, I just don't have
time to deal with issues.

I’m using iOS 18. On the phone the weirdest thing is what they went and
done with the control center. Before when I finger flicked from the top to
turn Bluetooth on to listen to an audiobook in my vehicle before leaving my
driveway it was more straightforward. Now I have to drill down a bit more
so it’s more complicated, but my connectable devices list is right there.
And it takes me to Bluetooth settings from that point to turn Bluetooth off
so I don’t have to back out and take a separate Settings path. So that
feature works for me.