Re: More evidence [from Apple!] that the pitiful RAM in iPhones is hampering it's functionality

Sujet : Re: More evidence [from Apple!] that the pitiful RAM in iPhones is hampering it's functionality
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone comp.sys.mac.system comp.mobile.ipad comp.sys.mac.advocacy comp.sys.mac.apps
Date : 18. Sep 2024, 19:12:41
Tom Elam wrote on Tue, 17 Sep 2024 08:59:46 -0400 :

Apple has always cheaped out on RAM & batteries in the iPhone, but AI is
forcing Apple's hand on the RAM (while the EU forced Apple on batteries).
 Did you consider that Android phones need more RAM because there is so much junk installed by the phone makers?
Yes. Of course. I'm well versed in the FACTS about Apple's use of RAM, Tom.
I have more Apple devices than Android, so please don't play the game that most of the Apple posters do, which is assume people don't know both sides.
Rest assured, I remove all possible bloatware from _both_ platforms, Tom.
Hence, I'm well aware that there is plenty of "junk" on both platforms.
What's *different*, is it's trivial to remove all the junk you want on Android even without being rooted - while it's impossible to do with iOS.
 <https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/>
You can't even get close to doing on iOS what you can do on Android, Tom.
 <https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253865640?sortBy=rank>
 <https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250708678?sortBy=rank>
 <https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7203502?sortBy=rank>
 <https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254804759?sortBy=rank>
 etc.
Even so, to your desperation point about defending Apple's paltry RAM....
For the few adults on this childish Apple newsgroup, Apple advertises "more efficient RAM" (which we found to be true), but get this, the efficiency is only in the 1% to 3% range (maximum!) according to tests we discussed.
So let's all agree that the iPhone is up to 3% more efficient on RAM.
I realize the child-like Apple religious zealots interpret that to mean it doesn't matter how much RAM an Android has, Apple will always win on RAM.
That's absurd.
Yet, it's how the Apple nutjobs think.
They don't know math.
A 3% efficiency in RAM use cannot overcome a 200% deficiency in RAM.
It's absurd for the Apple herd animals to make such ridiculous claims.