Ported Number not working with iMessage

Sujet : Ported Number not working with iMessage
De : wilf21 (at) *nospam* is.invalid (Wilf)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 23. Sep 2024, 13:10:34
Hi.   I recently ported my (UK) mobile number to a new provider.   Since then, although my iCloud details on my iPhone tell me that the number is registered for iMessage and FaceTime (it wasn't initially and for a couple of days), it cannot be used for those apps - a revolving cogwheel appears on the left of the number in iMessage and FaceTime, instead of a tick.
I can of course use iMessage and FaceTime with various registered email addresses, but I want to use my phone number for these facilities, as always before.  I've tried all the recommended standard remedies - switch off iMessage/FaceTime, restart, reset all the network settings, etc. etc., to no avail.  If anyone here can help with this I'd be very grateful.
TIA
--
Wilf