RE: Ported Number not working with iMessage

Sujet : RE: Ported Number not working with iMessage
De : wilf21 (at) *nospam* is.invalid (Wilf)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 26. Sep 2024, 10:51:19
On 2024-09-24 14:59, Chris wrote:

It's frustrating that such complicated systems sometimes only respond to
such rudimentary solutions.

It's because they're complex that they can get into a state that
requires a heavier nudge to actually fix.  May have benefits in
preventing other glitches down the pike too.

Yes indeed.  For over three days, in the AppleID sign-in and security
settings on my iPhone, it said that the number was "Unavailable for
iMessage and FaceTime".  Clicking on the information "I" revealed "You
must have a SIM associated with an Apple device for <my number> to be
used for iMessage and FaceTime".   Over in appleid.apple.com it said the
same thing about my number even though it accepted it as a trusted number.

After 3 days, this Unavailable status disappeared for my mobile number
and it was only then that logging out of iCloud and back in again did
the trick.  But I don't know why it took so long for my number to become
registered by Apple - all the information available suggests that this
process should not take very long at all.
 I've never had issues with numbers 'registering' - but have had - from
time to time - to log out of AppleID on 1 or more devices to right
things.  Annoying when it happens but it's not very often - and likely
been over a year since I had to do so.

This was the first time I'd ever had such a problem.  But I'm glad it has at last rectified itself.
--
Wilf