Re: Midnights become my afternoons

Sujet : Re: Midnights become my afternoons
De : agamemnon (at) *nospam* hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Groupes : rec.arts.drwho
Date : 19. Mar 2024, 06:35:05
On 15/03/2024 14:54, The Last Doctor wrote:
 So here’s the Disney influence in action. The new season premieres with a
double episode at midnight at the start of Saturday 11th May on BBC iPlayer
and will then air on BBC1 that evening and the same pattern will be
followed every week after that.
 The episodes will drop on Disney+ at exactly the same time - so they will
premiere from 7pm (EST) on FRIDAYS on Disney+ in the USA and equivalent
times worldwide.
 So Disney get premieres at Friday prime time - to the extent that that
matters to a streamer. And the BBC prime broadcast is 19 hours later. Proof
positive that live TV ratings are no longer meaningful for this show - as
most fans worldwide will have watched it already before it airs on BBC One.
  Aggie will, of course, declare that ratings have fallen off a cliff
They will have since the Eurovision Song Contest final is immediately after it. Let's see which does better.

because the linear ratings are now going to be almost entirely casual
viewers only.

Not with the ESC. The question is how many viewers will part 1 get compared with part 2. Then we can work out what they're really tuning in for.
Why are the BBC showing two parts on the same day anyway? Do they think the first episode is not good enough to draw viewers in?
Don't expect anyone to watch it on Disney+. The garbage that masqueraded as a Christmas special was a total flop, and parents will not allow their children to watch anything related to Disney because it's being run by a bunch of perverts that want to use entertainment to sexually groom children.
Just look at the pictures of that pervert Ncuti Gatwa in the papers with him dressed up as woman in order to sexually attract men. No decent parent will let their children watch this show and don't expect anyone to be talking about it in the school playground for fear of being socially excluded as a complete weirdo.

My wife is likely to be annoyed with me - staying up late to watch “bloody
stupid Doctor Who”.
 C’est la vie.

So since she won't be watching it with you because of the time, she won't be watching it at all because you've already seen it. I bet the ratings will probably count you twice for each episode, so they'll probably need correcting down.
--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw
"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it stands for." -William Shatner