Re: [NEWS] "The Neverending Story" remake

Sujet : Re: [NEWS] "The Neverending Story" remake
De : danmin (at) *nospam* danminart-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Danart)
Groupes : rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date : 09. Jun 2024, 23:59:05

 > Your Name wrote:
 > Hollyweird showing it is still talentless and lazy now does yet
another remake.

 >     'The Neverending Story' Getting New Film Series Adaptation
 >     From 'Slow Horses' Banner See-Saw
 >     ----------------------------------------------------------
 >     Falkor flies again!
 >
 >     "The Neverending Story" - the beloved fantasy novel
from late
 >     German author Michael Ende that was famously adapted into the
 >     cult 1984 film - is being revived for the big screen once
 >     more, with a new joint-venture partnership between Michael
 >     Ende Productions and prestige tastemakers See-Saw Films
 >     bringing the world of Fantastica back to cinemas over
 >      multiple live-action films.
 >
 >     The news brings to an end the race for one of the hottest
 >     fantasy properties yet to be tapped for modern audiences.
 >     Variety hears that Ende's estate had been fielding interest
 >     from across the globe over the last few years, including from
 >     studios and streamers.
 >
 >     See-Saw - no stranger to adapting well-known literature for
 >     screen having been behind features including "Lion"
and
 >     "The Power of the Dog" and recent TV hits
"Heartstopper" and
 >     "Slow Horses" - has now teamed with Michael Ende
Productions
 >     to develop and produce the films. The new partnership has been
 >     granted "The Neverending Story" rights by Ende's
executor
 >     Dr. Wolf-Dieter von Granau. Iain Canning and Emile Sherman
 >     will produce for See-Saw alongside Roman Hocke and Ralph
 >     Gassmann for Michael Ende Productions.
 >
 >     First published in 1979, "The Neverending Story"
became a
 >     bestseller in Germany and would be translated into 45
 >     languages, selling millions of copies worldwide. At the center
 >     of the story is the awkward but imaginative child Bastian
 >     Balthasar Bux who, while escaping from bullies, discovers the
 >     mysterious book "The Neverending Story," about the
heroic
 >     Atréyu and his mission to save the magical realm of Fantastica
 >     - a world of dragons, giants, vast kingdoms and deadly swamps -
 >     and its ruler, the Childlike Empress, from being destroyed by
 >     force known as "The Nothing." But the more he reads,
the more
 >     Bastian realizes he's not simply an uninvolved spectator and he
 >     soon finds himself transported into Fantastica himself, flying
 >     atop the luckdragon Falkor.
 >
 >     "The story is both timely and timeless, and really has an
 >     opportunity to be told in a fresh way," said Canning,
speaking
 >     to Variety from the offices of "The Neverending
Story" literary
 >     agent AVA in Munich, Germany. "And part of the specialness
of
 >     the book is that you can go back to it at different ages in
your
 >     life and find different levels of meaning. So how wonderful
that
 >     we have this opportunity to do a fresh perspective that will
 >     have new layers and meanings. We just believe that every
 >     generation deserves their own journey into Fantastica."
 >
 >     "We've been completely overwhelmed with interest from the
 >     television and film industry in recent years," added
Gassman,
 >     the AVA exec who works with Michael Ende Productions alongside
 >     Ende's longstanding editor and estate curator Hocke. "But
it was
 >     only about four to five years ago when we felt it was right to
 >     looked at hundreds and hundreds of requests and just thought,
 >     let's see if we find a potential partner amongst them that is
so
 >     compelling that they make us jump into the boat with them and
go
 >     on this crazy adventure. But we knew we had to do it right and
 >     find the right partner, and luckily See-Saw was amongst
them."

 >     For See-Saw, "The Neverending Story" - a much bigger
and more
 >     elaborate piece of material than it's used to handling - marks
 >     the next step up for the London and Sydney-based company, first
 >     founded in 2008 and made famous in 2011 with its Oscar-winning
 >     "The King's Speech" (adapted by the late David
Seidler from his
 >     own stage play).
 >
 >     "Emile and I have always been very clear that, if we were
going
 >     to move forward on our journey, it had to be something really
 >     special that we were passionate about and connected to
 >     emotionally, so when this opportunity came about we just
thought:
 >     this would be so magical," Canning said. "Over our 15
years we've
 >     been very careful - whether it be for 'The King's Speech' and
the
 >     audience that loved that or 'Lion' and the audience that loved
 >     that, or 'Heartstopper' or 'Slow Horses' - about making quality
 >     material and that audience responding to it. This is such an
 >     opportunity to bring all that skillset together and do a full
 >     quadrant spectacle of a film."
 >
 >     "The Neverending Story" also brings Canning back to a
conversation
 >     he had in See-Saw's very early days, before "The King's
Speech,"
 >     when he was asked which project he would most like to produce.
 >     "I said, do you know what, I'd really, really love to
adapt
 >     'The Neverending Story,'" he explains. "I was
reminded of this
 >     recently, so it just feels in a way that the 15-year journey of
 >     See-Saw in terms of going from book to screen has led up to
here."

 >     The next task for the newly-formed partnership of See-Saw and
 >     Michael Ende Productions will be to find the right creative
team
 >     to bring the novel to life before packaging the project and
 >     seeking out distribution partners.
 >
 >     "The journey, in many ways, starts now," Canning
said. "There's
 >     been a lot of anticipation from people who love this story
about
 >     what the next steps would be. For us, we now need to speak to
 >     writers and directors and hear their passion for the
material."

 >     Much of the details about the production - including the exact
 >     number of films to be made - will depend on the creatives
 >     assembled. But Canning said that the wildly colorful locations
 >     Ende described in "The Neverending Story" - including
the
 >     so-called Ivory Tower, Goab the Desert of Colors, Silver
 >     Mountains, Spook City, Silver Lake and the Swamps of Sadness
 >     (where Atréyu's horse Artax famously drowns) - lend the shoot
 >     being an "international global production." He added
that they
 >     would also look to maintain a connection to the book's heritage
by
 >     shooting some scenes in Germany (much of the 1984 film was
 >     actually shot in the Bavaria Studios in Munich).
 >
 >     Although producers may be looking for a modern day adaptation
of
 >     "The Neverending Story," news of its return to
screens lands
 >     during something of a renaissance for '80s nostalgia, led by
shows
 >     such as "Stranger Things." It was actually
"Stranger Things" that
 >     saw "The Neverending Story" recently back in the
headlines, with
 >     Moroder's famed synth theme from the first feature adaptation
- a
 >     film Ende famously disavowed for deviating too far from his
 >     original story - being performed on the show and subsequently
 >     going viral online.
 >
 >     Alongside both Michael Ende Productions and See-Saw, executive
 >     producers on the new films will include the L.A.-based former
 >     Endeavor Content exec Lorenzo De Maio and Ende's executor von
 >     Gronau as well as See-Saw's CEO Simon Gillis and creative
director
 >     Helen Gregory. Gillis and De Maio will spearhead taking
 >     "The Neverending Story" back out to the market once
packaged. The
 >      rights deal was negotiated by von Gronau on behalf of Michael
 >     Ende Productions and Gillis and attorney Stephen Saltzman of
 >     Fieldfisher, on behalf of See-Saw.
 >
 >     For Hocke, whose career began with Ende in the early 1980s and
who
 >     worked closely with him for almost two decades until he died in
 >     1995, the new "The Neverending Story" adaption is not
just the
 >     perfect opportunity to "make a new monument" for the
author, but
 >     to celebrate the art and importance of storytelling.
 >
 >     "We need stories like we need the air to breathe and water
 >     survive. They give our inner worlds quality and with this
quality
 >     we make decisions of quality. Stories make the world
better," he
 >     said. "And 'The Neverending Story' is the story of all
stories."

https://variety.com/2024/film/global/the-neverending-story-new-film-adaptation-see-saw-michael-ende-productions-1235944716/

We
need an actual sequel to NeverEnding Story III. That is why it was fun
to watch. The characters did not change but added on. We do not need a
stupid remake.

I assume it will be full of Lesbian, feminist rubbish, and
homosexuals, and soft men who should be hard.

I really miss Atrayu and the dragon-dog / dog-dragon that was a great
influence to many people everywhere.

We need to move forward not backwards. NESIV > NER

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=662154691#662154691