Re: Wired.com: 16 Sci-Fi Movies You Need to Watch Before You Die

Sujet : Re: Wired.com: 16 Sci-Fi Movies You Need to Watch Before You Die
De : YourName (at) *nospam* YourISP.com (Your Name)
Groupes : rec.arts.movies.past-films
Date : 30. May 2024, 00:32:29
On 2024-05-29 22:00:35 +0000, TomBenton@agent.com said:
On Thu, 7 Mar 2024 12:05:35 +1300, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
wrote:
 According to Wired.com, the 16 Sci-Fi Movies You Need to Watch Before You Die:
 - Dune and Dune: Part Two
- Arrival
- RoboCop
- Inception
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- The Matrix
- The Terminator
- Terminator 2: Judgement Day
- Escape From New York
- Ex Machina
- Back to the Future
- Alien
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Blade Runner
 <https://www.wired.com/story/best-sci-fi-movies-of-all-time-streaming/>
  As usual with such lists, only about two or three are actually worth
watching, the rest are over-hyped garbage and boring drivel.
 I'd add  the first "War of the Worlds" and "Aniara"
I've got a book called "101 Sci-Fi Movies You Must See Before You Die" which stars with "Voyage to the Moon" (1902) through to "Children of Men" (2006) ... although it's a 2009 publication, so of course misses out any newer movies. You'd be very lucky if there's even a dozen movies in there worth watching though.