Silent movie on Twitch: The Lost World

Sujet : Silent movie on Twitch: The Lost World
De : garym (at) *nospam* mcgath.com (Gary McGath)
Groupes : rec.arts.sf.fandom alt.movies.silent
Date : 11. Mar 2024, 13:33:37
On Wednesday, March 13, at 8 PM EDT, I'll provide live, improvised keyboard accompaniment to the 1925 silent film, _The Lost World_. This movie, based on Conan Doyle's novel of the same title (and including a brief appearance by him to introduce the film), was a breakthrough in special effects, using Willis O'Brien's stop-motion animation techniques to put dinosaurs on the screen.
In the tradition of old movies, there will be a cartoon short before the main feature. The short is _Gertie the Dinosaur_, one of the first animated films to hit the theaters. It's presented in a live-action frame that purports to explain how Winsor McCay made the cartoon on a bet.
This is my third movie in a monthly series on Twitch.
The link is:
https://www.twitch.tv/madfilkentist
--
Gary McGath    http://www.mcgath.com