Re: Readercon code of conduct

Sujet : Re: Readercon code of conduct
De : akwolffan (at) *nospam* zoho.com (WolfFan)
Groupes : rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date : 30. May 2024, 12:29:51
On May 28, 2024, D wrote
(in article<8b72ee94-b4fc-7ce6-5542-3c511f5b39ab@example.net>):

On Mon, 27 May 2024, WolfFan wrote:

On May 27, 2024, D wrote
(in article<6c70bb08-bf62-3bf8-1e39-25eca1609d63@example.net>):

On Sun, 26 May 2024, WolfFan wrote:

On May 26, 2024, D wrote
(in article<e9e47a95-a341-04a3-4127-ef741c483bf8@example.net>):

On 2024-05-25, D <nospam@example.net> wrote:

Ehh incorrect. I lived there and detected no such thing. Bird-flu isn't
even a topic in the news and no one where I live talks about it.

It's been found in cattle in several parts of the US and there have been
two
cases of transmission from cattle to people. So far no cases of
person-to-person transmission.

2 out of 8 billion. I am so scared! ;) Call me again if we reach one in
two and until then, I won't be bothered.

Corona, by the way, was about as dangerous for my age group as driving a
car. That figure came from the government, so all hysteria was just
nonsense.

one of my nieces died of covid. She was 25. She died before there were any
vaccines.

Ok. Sad, but there are people who die of bananas, and we don't ban
bananas. In that age group, corona was about as dangerous as driving a
car, so not justifiable to close down the world for a flu.

bloody hell:

1. covid-19 ain’t ‘a flu’

2. the ’Spanish’ flu of 1918, spread from the US because of an idiot
American general who didn’t want ‘a flu’ to prevent deploying American
troops to Europe, called the Spanish Flu because it was first reported in
Spanish newspapers, as American, British, French, and German newspapers were
made to shut up for reasons of denying the enemy info during a world war,
killed more people than the fighting in WWI. And that was ‘a flu’.

You’re radically ignorant about epidemiology, and proud of it.

None, zero, of the rest of the family, and there’s a LOT of us, had any
problems whatsoever with the vaccine.

I've heard of many who had problems with vaccines.

I’ve seen dead bodies because idiots refused to vaccinate.
Also note the double
standard. Anyone who died 30 days after corona was a corona victim. If
this would have been applied to the vaccines, you'd see even higher death
rates.

Bullshit. that’s not how epidemiology works. You are, again, radically
ignorant and incredibly proud of that.

Note that I do not work for any government. I was one of the driving
forces
behind the vaccination policy at work: no vaccine? Cool. Stay out of the
building. If you can remote work, carry on. If you can’t, either get

In my company we had the reverse. If you're vaccinated, stay at home. On
the other hand, I Don't hire pro-government hysterical corona people, so
it was pretty much a non-issue. And no one died, which shows that unless
you're old, it was mostly psychosomatic.

Bullshit. You can’t possibly enforce that. With us, we merely request to
see the vaccination card. No card? You better have a good reason. “I lost
it” means “get a duplicate”. “I don’t want to get vaccinated” is
not a good reason. All that would be necessary for someone who got
vaccinated
to keep working there (God knows why they’d want to hang around with
idiots) is to simply not show you their card. How would you find out that
they lied?

It’s not just bullshit, it’s transparently obvious bullshit which NEVER
HAPPENED. You’re not just an idiot, you think that everyone’s as stupids
as you are.

vaccinated or get another job. This is a right to work state, we can fire
you

Let me correct that... let the government foricbly inject you, or else we
let you starve.

not the government, idiot. I got my vaccinations from Walgreens. A private
company.

That is similar policies to nazi-germany and the soviet union, just so you
know.

Bullshit.

If the vaccines work, there's no need to be afraid of un-vaccinated, or if
you are, you are basically admitting that the vaccines don't work, and
then they are just a charade.

Bullshit. Not all can take vaccinations. Vaccinations are not 100%
effective.
If you had even slight knowledge of epidemiology you would know this.
You’re breathtakingly ignorant, and proud of it.

for any reason we want. (Ron DeSatan tried to set things up so that idiots
couldn’t, officially, be fired for not getting a vaccination; however,
the
kind of idiot who refused to vacvinate usually had done something in the
past
which we could have fired him for but didn’t. Officially, that’s why
he
was fired, and we have the paperwork going back to before the pandemic to
prove it. Kiss my ass, DeSatan.)

You’re perfectly free to not get vaccinated. You’re not free to not
get
vaccinated and work here.

Likewise and reverse. No work for you if you are vaccinated at my company.
And this is why a libertarian world is the only way to peace.

Bullshit. you can’t possibly identify those who got vaccinated. I can
identify those who did not. Typically they will self-identify; that is how I
found out about two anti-vaxxers who were visiting my house, one of whom had
to be physically ejected and tried to call the cops. They were pig-ignorant
buffoons, and loud about it.

Also note the irony, that in my world you are free to vaccinate yourself
if you want, do heavy drugs etc. but in your world, I must subject myself
to medical experiments to be able to participate.

I think that's a pretty authoritarian and sh*tty world view, but I'm glad
that you are not the president and I'm glad that the legal system is so
full of loop holes that I was able to travel without a mask and meet the
people I could after a bit of legal threatening and arguing. =)

Perhaps those who passed the Right To Work laws (hint: not Democrats)
should
have thought things through before ramming the laws through.

I say, protect the old if they want it and let the rest live their lives
as normal, which is what eventually sweden did, which was proven to be
the
right way. Not limiting peoples freedoms and becoming authoritarian.

public health is about the public im general. Not you specifically.

I don't agree.

your agreement is not necessary. Public health is about the public in
general. It’s right there on the label.
All there is is individuals, and I have full autonomy and
control of my body and no one else. I do not recognize any laws that claim
otherwise.

you have full autonomy as long as you’re not near me.

Both my parents were epidemiologists in Africa, the Caribbean, and Latin
America. I got to see public health processes up close while growing up.
Those who don’t get vaccinated are not welcome near me or any of my
family.

Doubt they would ever want to meet you or your family. Btw, do you never
fly or move around in public? I can promise you that there's plenty of
non-vaccinated people, so did you realize you could die by going outside
your house?

Period. Yes, I feel that strongly about it. Yes, I have thrown anti-vax
idiots bodily out of my house over this; one idiot went and complained to
the
cops, who advised him that his right to be an idiot ended at my front
door.
Be an idiot OUTSIDE. You will be ejected, physically if necessary, if you
come inside. This is also a Castle Doctrine state; guess who passed
_those_
laws.

Good for you.

damn straight

But politicians I'm sure are pining for that power the corona psychosis
gave them, so I'm certain they try hard to push the paranoia.

I hope they succeed. Americans seem to consistently choose the wrong
things
to be paranoid about. Covid was a dress-rehearsal that could have gone a
lot
worse. It doesn't appear that the politicians learned anything from it.

Evidently neither did the antivaxxers.

Well, they did learn how to build up an authoritarian society and remove
all freedoms, and unless the people wake up, it will be authoritarianism
all the way.

Personally my wifes family were harassing me about the vaccines, but, one
of their friends died due to the vaccine, and then I was transformed from
villain to hero, and they stopped taking it. So that was a huge victory!

I also found some nice loop holes in the law that enabled me to travel
mask free during all of corona, which was another win, and secretly many
people came up to me asking how I did it.

So the positive is that it is possible to fight the good fight of
freedom.
So my advice to you is to seek help for your hypochondria, it lowers your
quality of life. Trust me, there is nothing to be worried about, and the
body takes care of 99% of all deseases itself.

Bullshit. Real world epidemiology says different. Smallpox, mumps, and
measeles conquered the Western Hemisphere for the white man. Yellow fever
secured Haitian independence. Beware the Bight of Benin, there’s one
that
comes out for a hundred went in.

I am talking about corona, so I will disregard this.

Bullshit. you stated that ’the body takes care of 99% of all dieases
itself’. That’s utter stupidity. Infectious diseases are called that for
a reason. The Black Death killed one third of Europe. The Red Death killed
one quarter of Justinian’s Empire. Smallpox, mumps, and measles killed up
to 90% of the mesoamerican population. Rabies is STILL fatal to those who
don’t get the proper treatment quickly. There is a VERY LONG list of
diseases that the human body will nor defend against without artificial
assistance. You’re pig-ignorant, and proud. And wrong.
Nice trick! Not talking spanish flu, try again. ;)

that’s it troll-boy. Kf time.