Re: Netflix has a new tv series of "The Three-Body Problem"

Sujet : Re: Netflix has a new tv series of "The Three-Body Problem"
De : petertrei (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Cryptoengineer)
Groupes : rec.arts.sf.written rec.arts.sf.tv
Date : 25. Mar 2024, 22:22:32
On 3/25/2024 3:46 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
On 3/25/2024 1:19 PM, Robert Carnegie wrote:
On 23/03/2024 03:47, Lynn McGuire wrote:
On 3/22/2024 4:12 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
Netflix has a new tv series of "The Three-Body Problem".  I watched the first twenty minutes last night.  The brutality of the Chinese Cultural Revolution was horrendous.  I will be watching more then reading the first book in the series that I bought a few months ago.
    https://www.netflix.com/title/81024821
and
    https://www.amazon.com/Three-Body-Problem-Cixin-Liu/dp/0765382032/

Lynn

Ok, the Netflix version of the book is not available in China.  I was wondering about that.

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2024/03/22/netflixs-3-body-problem-spawns-anger-in-china-n3785226

And order of events in the book are different in the Chinese version and the English version.  That is sad.

Are you saying that the book is different
in thr teo languages, as well as the TV shows?
 Apparently so according to the article.
 I talked to a 23 year old Chinese person about it over the weekend.  He has watched the Netflix episodes already and found it good.  He said that he does not remember the murder of the physics professor by the Red Guard in the Chinese version of the first book.  He thinks that was taken out by the Chinese censors.
Reportedly this scene is creating a lot of hubbub in China. The
authorities would rather downplay the Cultural Revolution.
It does not appear in the first episode of the Chinese TV
series.
pt