Re: Sci-Fi Classic "Earth Abides" Greenlit as TV Series Starring Alexander Ludwig

Sujet : Re: Sci-Fi Classic "Earth Abides" Greenlit as TV Series Starring Alexander Ludwig
De : psperson (at) *nospam* old.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv rec.arts.sf.written rec.arts.sf.tv
Date : 11. Apr 2024, 17:44:50
On Wed, 10 Apr 2024 10:05:22 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
lynnmcguire5@gmail.com wrote:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/earth-abides-tv-show-alexander-
ludwig-1235859909/

MGM+ is doing a new take on George R. Stewart’s post-apocalyptic
novel with showrunner Todd Komarnicki.

This will probably be cool.

Lynn

George R. Stewart’s classic sci-fi novel Earth Abides has been officially
greenlit as a limited series for streaming channel MGM+.

NOBODY GETS MGM+!!!

Not even me because my six free months for buying a fire stick just lapsed.

I have rented (if not "on Prime") or streamed (if "on Prime") -- and I
suspect they were all rented -- films that start out with the "MGM+"
logo. I vaguely recall other such streaming service logos appearing
from time to time.

My best guess is that Amazon is renting out some films in conjunction
with other streaming services. This might explain the large number of
older DCAU films and the Godzilla films that popped up last year (or
perhaps 2022) and which I am finally coming to the end of. I should
clarify that I did not rent them all at once, but spread them out a
bit. This makes them seem endless, but more entertaining as they are
separated by other items.
--
"Here lies the Tuscan poet Aretino,
Who evil spoke of everyone but God,