Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes ever

Sujet : Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes ever
De : mike (at) *nospam* xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Groupes : rec.arts.drwho rec.arts.sf.tv rec.arts.tv
Date : 19. Apr 2024, 00:35:14
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

For Me Inferno Ports 1 to 7

Best Doctor Who episodes ever? Off the top of my head I'd have
to go with "City of Death"... of course, when I say ever I don't
mean post-2005.

For a show made on a limited budget, the 1970's excel for how
the producers of Doctor Who managed to cope and still churn out
exciting television with enjoyable stories. The 1980's are a
good example of how they didn't cope with the limited budget and
churned out less enjoyable stories.... but that's another
discussion.

Inferno, like a lot of Jon Pertwee's era of the show is a very
strong story, but there's nothing to match Tom Baker at his very
best... and "City of Death" is pretty much as good as the show
got back then.

Hmm. For me - I liked City of Death but it has one major downside, and her
name is Lalla Ward.

Mary Tamm was the BEST Romana. (So hot.)

The best Tom Baker - Douglas Adams Who was, for me, The Ribos Operation.
Comic heist / con gone wrong, Iain Cuthbertson, Prentis Hancock, Tom on top
form … AND Romana I?

5 gold stars and a laurel and hearty handshake.

--
“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor