Re: Dr. Who Review | Season 14 Premiere "Space Babies" is So DAMN AWFUL It Nearly Makes My Head EXPLODE!

Sujet : Re: Dr. Who Review | Season 14 Premiere "Space Babies" is So DAMN AWFUL It Nearly Makes My Head EXPLODE!
De : atropos (at) *nospam* mac.com (BTR1701)
Groupes : rec.arts.sf.tv rec.arts.tv
Date : 29. May 2024, 21:53:38
On May 29, 2024 at 12:41:46 PM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
 In article <29pc5jp3p8s94kg49cf5ukgbedrp64frlt@4ax.com>,

 On Tue, 28 May 2024 13:02:38 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

 In article
 <707707518.738580846.093511.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
 anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

 Re: Dr. Who Review | Season 14 Premiere "Space Babies" is So DAMN AWFUL
 It Nearly Makes My Head EXPLODE!
 Callum Williamsh <callumwilliamsh1@gmail.com>
 May 25, 2024 at 1:28?PM
 Ncuti Gatwa isn't playing The Doctor, Ncuti Gatwa is playing himself.
 RTD has become ideologically compromised. It's hard to reconcile that
 it's the same writer who came up with this drivel previously wrote such
 bangers as Utopia, Midnight, The Waters of Mars, Turn Left, The Stolen
 Earth and Journey's End. The 'message' first, everything else secondary
 or not at all. This isn't Doctor Who. The hiatus can't come quickly
 enough.

 I see that the they/them who is playing the Doctor now is blaming the
 fans for the fact that ratings are cratering.

 That's correct. The people that have been watching DR WHO for years
 are the fans. If they don't like what the show does they stop
 watching. Still a fan of the show but just not watching what they are
 making at the moment. Change what they are making to something the
 fans like and they will likely return.
 The problem they are having is (and they stated this was their
 purpose) they are making the show for a wider audience that wasn't
 interested in the show. Since they weren't interested they aren't
 watching. Maybe they will eventually, maybe they won't, but for now
 those non-fans aren't watching and many of the fans aren't watching.
 It's a winning decision by Disney and the BBC to focus on the message
 (DEI is great) instead of putting the story first.

 He says they're "-ists" and "-phobes" and that's why the show is tanking.
 It's the fans' fault, not the fact that we now have a Doctor who prances
 around in a dress and frets about pronouns.

 It's the same thing that the Star Wars people are saying as to why
 their shows aren't doing well. Everything wrong with the viewer ship
 numbers is blamed on toxic fans. No one steps up to say maybe the
 stories just aren't that good and that's why people aren't watching.
 ANDOR shows that if they write a good story people will watch. Movies
 like ALIENS and even TOMB RAIDER show that if they write a good story
 with a female lead people will watch.

 Don't forget TERMINATOR. Ripley is great and all, but I've always
 thought Sarah Connor was the most iconic female action hero. She had the
 biggest transformative arc, from serving burgers at Big Buns to mother
 of the resistance.

Jennifer Lawrence is the movies first female action hero. Just ask her.

Yes, I forgot. Reality must bend before woeness.