Re: Doctor Who Review Ncuti Gatwa Leaves & Show Improves - Season 1 Episode 4

Sujet : Re: Doctor Who Review Ncuti Gatwa Leaves & Show Improves - Season 1 Episode 4
De : guillaume (at) *nospam* lesalonbeige.fr (Guillaume de Thieulloy)
Groupes : rec.arts.drwho uk.media.tv.sf.drwho rec.arts.sf.tv rec.arts.tv rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date : 21. Jun 2024, 20:18:26
In article <v34g5i$j08u$2@dont-email.me>, weberm@polaris.net wrote:

Doctor Who Review of Season 1 Episode 4 where Ncuti Gatwa isn't in it and
the Disney+ show improves. The BBC joined with Disney to make the Doctor
Who Reboot with Ncuti Gatwa but was it the right choice? Ruby is the main
character in this episode as Ncuti Gatwa was busy and the episode felt
entirely different. Far more atmospheric and serious, but was it good? Is
Doctor Who worth watching?

https://youtu.be/SnANwpTY60E?si=1obMiT_3HS0ka_nW

So she's suddenly abandoned by the Doctor, lives sad and alone for 60-ish
years save for an SCP-esque entity in her peripheral vision haunting her,
realizes on her own deathbed that she is the entity, and then suddenly it's
all undone and then everything goes back to normal except she has a vague
idea that it did happen...? I mean, wokeness and everything else aside, is
this kind of (poorly-written) existentialism normal for a Dr. Who episode?
Feels more like SCP Foundation X Black Mirror X Twilight Zone to me.