Re: Doctor Who "The Sun Makers" November and December 1977

Sujet : Re: Doctor Who "The Sun Makers" November and December 1977
De : mike (at) *nospam* xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Groupes : rec.arts.drwho rec.arts.sf.tv
Date : 05. Jun 2024, 05:45:01
The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

In article <xn0omoj5f1xx5vh000@post.eweka.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
Adam H. Kerman wrote:

I obtained DVDs from the library, starting with one of my
favorite episodes, "The Sun Makers". This episode made quite
the impression on me as a child.

[Snip]

The Fourth Doctor just works best in social satire; Baker's
performance is a delight.

A good episode, but it wouldn't be in my 4th Doctor top ten!

Touch to say what is 4thDoctor Top 10.

1) Warrior's Gate

2) Genesis of the Daleks.

3 ...

I assume you meant 'tough to say'... and yes, it is.

But "Warriors Gate" wouldn't be in my top ten!

Off the top of my head...

City/Genesis/Pyramids/Talons/Fang/Assassin/Seeds/
Ark/Morbius/Face/Robots/Zygons (etc.)

1. Genesis of the Daleks.
2. City of Death.
3. Talons of Weng Chiang.
4. Pyramids of Mars.
5. City of Death.
6. Terror of the Zygons.
7. Horror of Fang Rock.
8. The Seeds of Doom.
9. The Brain of Morbius.
10. The Ribos Operation.

11. The Robots of Death.
12. The Ark in Space.
13. The Androids of Tara.
14. The Hand of Fear.
15. The Masque of Mandragora.
16. The Stones of Blood.
17. The Keeper of Traken.
18. The Deadly Assassin.
19. The Android Invasion.
20. The Sontaran Experiment.

21. Full Circle.
22. The Invasion of Time.
23. The Face of Evil.

After that we move into the mid and even lower reaches of the 4th Doctor
era.

Those could easily move about a bit on rewatching. But I’m pretty sure that
neither Warriors Gate nor The Sun Makers would ever break into my Top 20
Tom stories, let alone my Top 10.

It seems I like City of Death so much it placed twice. Ah well, not going
to redo it - the principle stands. Probably easier to state the ten worst
Toms … I don’t think the two stories above would make that list either. So
they’re both mid twenties for me.

--
“Most of the Universe is knackered, babes.”  - The Doctor