Re: Selected programming for March 30-31, 2024

Sujet : Re: Selected programming for March 30-31, 2024
De : nanoflower (at) *nospam* notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 31. Mar 2024, 06:32:23
On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 14:39:25 -1000, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

On 2024-03-30 22:12:35 +0000, Robin Miller said:

RM: The programming list for Monday-Friday will be posted tomorrow.

Previously released:

The Accountant      (movie)        (Netflix, March 27)

Not only is this accountant able to dig deeply into a company's books,
he's also an expert assassin, and his new client can use both skills.
2026 film starring Ben Affleck, Anna Kendrick, J.K. Simmons, Jon
Bernthal, Cynthia Addai-Robinson, Jean Smart, Jeffrey Tambor, John
Lithgow and others; 2hr 7m.  "#1 in movies today"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2140479/    [rating 7.3]

https://www.netflix.com/title/80071227

Not only has this been to every other streamer out there before now,
it's also been on cable TV for years!

Yeah, it's made the rounds

No Escape            (movie)        (Netflix, March 26)

Soon after relocating to Southeast Asia, an American family lands in
the midst of a violent coup that could cost them their lives. 2015 film
starring Lake Bell, Pierce Brosnan, and Owen Wilson ; 1h 43m.
Unavailable on Netflix's ad tier.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80016589

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1781922/  [rating 6.7]

Ditto.

So what does Netflix's ad tier actually get?

Mending the Line             (movie)        (Netflix, March 25)

A Marine wounded in Afghanistan learns to face his combat trauma
through friendship with an older war veteran and the healing practice
of fly-fishing. 2022 film starring Brian Cox, Perry Mattfeld, Sinqua
Walls, Patricia Heaton and Wes Studi; 2h 2m. Unavailable on Netflix's
ad tier.

Which is yet more proof how useless Netflix's "ad tier" is.

So Netflix's ad tier gets nothing?

Saturday, March 30

Vikings       (seasons 1-6)         (3:01 am, Netfix)

https://www.netflix.com/title/70301870

Note: The sequel, "Vikings: Valhalla," is a Netflix original, with the
third and final season expected in 2024.

Hmmm... Prime used to have this series, IIRC. I wonder if they'vs lost it.

They have. Just checked and while you can buy individual
episodes/seasons you can't watch it on Prime without paying for it.
 $2.99/episode
$19.99/season

A Gentleman in Moscow          [new]         (9 pm, Showtime)

An eight-episode adaptation of the acclaimed novel by Amor Towles,
Moscow stars Ewan McGregor as (the fictional) Count Alexander Rostov,
who is banished to live out his remaining years as a prisoner in the
Hotel Metropol following the Russian Revolution. In the years that
follow, he begins to build a new life within the confines of the hotel.
Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Alexa Goodall, and Johnny Harris also star.
Limited series running through May 19.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PpUtjfZB5g

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/a-gentleman-in-moscow/     [score 73]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8230448/

I really wish this had been a movie - I would have watched it as a movie.

Yeah, it is tough to watch everything when it is a series. Glad that
Marvel is getting out of throwing everything into a series as I was
one that tried to catch everything but there just isn't enough time in
a day.

The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live       (season 1/limited series
finale)         (9 pm, AMC)

:/

So they all lived long enough to die at the end?

(And who's taking bets when season #2 will be greenlit?!)

Parish          [new; special time]         (10:15 pm, AMC)

Giancarlo Esposito heads the cast of a six-episode adaptation of
British series The Driver as a New Orleans luxury car service owner who
becomes entangled with a crime syndicate. Bradley Whitford, Skeet
Ulrich, Paula Malcomson, Zachary Momoh also star. Regular time is 9 pm;
runs through May 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcoR4hfKCl0

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/parish/     [score 57]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18552362/

Also really wish this had just been a movie, as I would have watched it...

+1

(end)

Not yet, it's not! - We still have 5 more days coming!!  ;)

Robin is telling it's the end of Hollywood. No more content coming,
ever.