Re: Whoopi Snaps At Trump, Says If He Touches Entitlements, "We Could Put You In Jail"

Sujet : Re: Whoopi Snaps At Trump, Says If He Touches Entitlements, "We Could Put You In Jail"
De : ahk (at) *nospam* chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 14. Mar 2024, 02:05:51
Crosspost to newsgroups Ubi doesn't read cut.

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

The article plagarized by Ubi the shithead is this one:

Whoopi Snaps At Trump, Says If He Touches Entitlements, 'We Could Put
You In Jail'
By Virginia Kruta
The Daily Wire
Mar 12, 2024
https://www.dailywire.com/news/whoopi-snaps-at-trump-says-if-he-touches-entitlements-we-could-put-you-in-jail

Whoopi Goldberg snapped at former President Donald Trump on Tuesday, claiming
that if he touched entitlements, "we could put you in jail".

Goldberg, who was responding to Trump's recent remarks regarding how badly
mismanaged entitlements have been in the past, made the comments on ABC's
midday talk show THE VIEW.

Goldberg began the segment with a clip of Trump giving a phone interview on
CNBC's SQUAWK BOX, where he lamented the poor management of entitlement
programs in years past.

"The bad management, the tremendous bad management of entitlements, there's
tremendous amounts of things, number of things you can do," Trump said,
apparently suggesting entitlement reform in some fashion.

"Yeah, we could put you in jail-- for all of your entitlements," Goldberg
said as the clip ended. "You know, Social Security is not an entitlement, we
paid for that. We paid for that. Every time you get a check, you paid into
the... you know, this is your money!"

Jeezus Christ, I can't believe I actually agree with Hoo-Pie Goldberg on
something.

She's right. Social Security is not an entitlement program the way that
term is used to describe government welfare schemes. You're not getting
paid someone else's money merely for existing. You're being paid back
money you were forced to pay into a system to save for your retirement.
Yes, you're entitled to it, the same way you're entitled to your own car
or your own home. But it's not an 'entitlement program', which is just a
fancier and less pejorative term for welfare.

She's wrong. "Entitlement" is Washington double speak for a program in
which the spending is in the authorization bill, and not appropriated.
Similarly, the Social Security tax is euphemistically called a
"contribution".

It's all moviePig speak.

"Save for your retirement", uh, no. Your taxes paid for pensions
received by Americans already retired. You're fucked.

Don't make me defend Trump. He's absolutely right. The Social Security
pension system is utterly mismanaged.