Re: [NEWS] 'Grey's Anatomy' Renewed for Season 21 at ABC

Sujet : Re: [NEWS] 'Grey's Anatomy' Renewed for Season 21 at ABC
De : Nyssa (at) *nospam* LogicalInsight.net (Nyssa)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Suivi-à : rec.arts.tv
Date : 03. Apr 2024, 00:13:41
suzeeq wrote:

On 4/2/2024 2:33 PM, Your Name wrote:

For the one person on the planet still bothering to watch
it ...

That'd be me in this group, though I think there's one
other here who's also watching it.

Not me. I sampled the very first episode when it premiered
and didn't make it through the episode. :/

Nyssa, who is wondering who the other person watching it
in r.a.t. might be

 'Grey's Anatomy' Renewed for Season 21 at ABC
 "Grey's Anatomy" has been renewed for Season 21 at ABC,
 Variety has learned.

 The renewal extends the series' record-breaking run as
 the longest running primetime medical drama in TV
 history, which it first became in 2019. It is also the
 longest running primetime scripted series in ABC
 history. The show originally debuted in 2005.

 "The loyalty and love of 'Grey's Anatomy' fans has
 propelled us into a historic 21st season, and I could
 not be more grateful," said series creator and executive
 producer Shonda Rhimes. "Meg Marinis' storytelling is a
 gift that continues to keep the show vibrant, compelling
 and alive, and I can't wait to see what she has in store
 for next season."

 The cast of "Grey's Anatomy" includes Ellen Pompeo,
 Chandra Wilson, James Pickens, Jr., Kevin McKidd,
 Caterina Scorsone, Camilla Luddington, Kelly McCreary,
 Kim Raver, Jake Borelli, Chris Carmack, Anthony Hill,
 Alexis Floyd, Harry Shum Jr., Adelaide Kane, Midori
 Francis, and Niko Terho. Numerous past cast members have
 also appeared in guest roles in recent seasons.

 Rhimes executive produces under her Shondaland banner
 along with Betsy Beers. Marinis serves as executive
 producer and showrunner, taking over from Krista Vernoff
 at the outset of Season 20. Vernoff remains an executive
 producer along with Mark Gordon, Debbie Allen, and
 Zoanne Clack. ABC Signature is the studio.

 All past seasons of "Grey's" recently became available
 on Hulu, with new episodes dropping on that streamer the
 day after their linear debut on ABC. Past seasons remain
 available to stream on Netflix under a licensing deal
 between Netflix and Disney Entertainment.

<https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/greys-anatomy-renewed-season-21-
abc-1235958187/>