Re: Selected programming for June 5-7, 2024

Sujet : Re: Selected programming for June 5-7, 2024
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 06. Jun 2024, 08:08:42
On 6/5/24 9:15 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

         Previously released:
  Many new titles were added to Netflix (and other streaming services) on June 1:
 https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/whats-new/
I'm not sure, but there may have been one or two new movies that have shown up on Tubi in the last week or so. Though at least one of them may be older (maybe it's coming back to Tubi after being away?...). Or maybe Tubi just wasn't showing them to me before now - I guess "Demise" was actually released in late Feb., but only over the last week has Tubi been pushing it at me...

         Wednesday, June 5
       Streaming:
  Under Paris [Sous la Seine]       (movie)        (3:01 am, Netflix)
 In order to save Paris from an international bloodbath, a grieving scientist is forced to face her tragic past when a giant shark appears in the Seine. French film; 1h 41m.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnCefPQIH98
 https://www.netflix.com/title/81210788
 https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/under-paris-release-date-news
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13964390/
Oh, Good Lord!! (And starring no one you've ever heard of!)

     Broadcast and cable:
  Sight Unseen         (season 1 finale)         (9 pm, CW)
Isn't this another Canadian show whose renewal depends on whether The CW renews it too?...

         Thursday, June 6
       Streaming:
  Criminal Minds: Evolution        (season 2 premiere)          (3:01 am, Paramount+)
 Ten episodes; two stream today, while the rest follow once weekly through August 1.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyU-B7rZt2A
Who has the time?!...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452046/   [included as part of "Criminal Minds"]
I think Wiki also doesn't treat it as a separate series, which is patently absurd...

House of Heat     [new]         (3:01 am, Tubi)
 A group of sexy adult content creators move in together to help grow each other's businesses. And in this house, they better bring the heat! A "Tubi Original Series."
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf-XOFB8BmQ
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt32482734/
Reality TV garbage - Fie on Tubi for this! Fie, I say!!

     Broadcast and cable:
  My Husband's Killer Affair       (movie)        (8 pm, LMN)
 When Michelle Clark hires young Melissa Juneau as her new live-in nanny, she has no idea the grave danger that she has put her family in. Not only has Melissa had an affair with her husband, but she is also under the cruel control of Carlton Clark, Michelle’s greedy brother-in-law. Carlton has his heart set on Michelle as well as the Clark’s family fortune and will stop at nothing to achieve his goals. Stars Kyana Teresa, Kirsten Comerford, and Matt Wells.
 https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/my-husbands-killer-affair
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt29233014/
Sure. It'll be fun to see Comerford be the EVOL!!1! bitch for the first time...

         Friday, June 7
       Streaming:
  Becoming Karl Lagerfeld         [new; complete limited series] (12:01 am, Hulu)
 Disney's six-episode French original series (exclusive to Hulu in the United States) is set in the Paris fashion world in the 1970s and adapted from the book by Raphaëlle Bacqué. Daniel Brühl stars as the titular fashion designer.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWs94_ZaDLw
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27052740/
Meh. I like Bruhl, but not enough to watch a series on this....

Hit Man          (movie)         (3:01 am, Netflix)
 Very well received at its Venice Film Festival debut in the fall of 2023, Richard Linklater's darkly comedic and sexy modern noir stars man of the moment Glen Powell (Anyone But You) as a college professor who works with the police by posing as an assassin in order to catch people ordering hits, only to find himself falling for a woman (Adria Arjona) ensnared in his trap. Powell and Linklater teamed to write the script, which is based on a wild true story (as chronicled by Texas Monthly's Skip Hollandsworth, the same writer who inspired Linklater's Bernie), and Netflix paid a festival-high $20 million to score the rights to the film at Venice. 1h 55m.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXwa8DKIK7g
 https://www.netflix.com/title/81728840
Eh, I might have watched this if it weren't on The Netflix. Which is banned. (Everywhere!!)

Clickbait: Unfollowed      (movie)        (3:01 am, Tubi)
 A group of influencers are invited to a house for a competition with deadly consequences. Stars Katherine Barrell, Melanie Scrofano, Roberto Kyle, Luke Volker, Jessica Stanley, Charlie Bouguenon, Ashleigh Van Der Hoven, Shermin Hassan and Skyler Ball. 1 hr 31 min.
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31777728/
 https://tubitv.com/movies/100021962/clickbait-unfollowed
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK9QxVdQY1o
That's a pretty good cast - I will likely try to get to this.

     Broadcast and cable:
  51st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards       (live event)         (8-10 pm, CBS)
Really not sure why they bother with this anymore...

Power Book II: Ghost       (final season 4 premiere)         (8 pm, Starz)
 The season will be split in two parts, with the second half airing in September. Five episodes running through July 5.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUmTlGMt4SI
Nobody gets Starz!!

Tipline Mysteries: Dial 1 for Murder     (movie; linear premiere) (9 pm, Hallmark Mystery)
 A cryptic call about a planned jewelry heist draws a Detroit Free Press tipline operator, Maddie Moore, into a dangerous homicide case alongside a newly promoted detective. Stars Holland Roden and Chris McNally. Originally released on May 16 on Hallmark Movies Now.
 https://www.hallmarkmystery.com/tipline-mysteries-dial-1-for-murder/
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt32334046/
Damn - Holland Roden is reduced to Hallmark Mysteries?!!...  :(

 (end)
Yeah, it's "the end", all right!!  :p