Re: Nancy Mace Rips George Stephanopoulos Over Tense Interview About Trump: "Tried To Shame Me As A Rape Victim"

Sujet : Re: Nancy Mace Rips George Stephanopoulos Over Tense Interview About Trump: "Tried To Shame Me As A Rape Victim"
De : never (at) *nospam* nothere.com (moviePig)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 14. Mar 2024, 04:11:12
On 3/13/2024 8:25 PM, suzeeq wrote:
On 3/13/2024 2:41 PM, super70s wrote:
On 2024-03-12 08:30:46 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC) tore into George Stephanopoulos on Sunday after
the ABC News anchor asked her to square her endorsement of former
President Donald Trump with coming forward as a victim of rape.

“I’m not going to sit here on your show and be asked a question meant
to shame me about another potential rape victim. I’m not going to do
that,” Mace said on “This Week.”

    I was brought on to talk about 2024
instead Clinton crony
    turned fake journalist @Gstephanopoulos attacked me and tried
    to shame me as a rape victim.

    Gross.@ThisWeekABC pic.twitter.com/9uNhypsZdO

    — Nancy Mace (@NancyMace) March 10, 2024

The tense interview began with ABC showing a clip of Mace talking in
2o19 about the struggles women such as herself have experienced in
speaking publicly about being raped.

Stephanopoulos then pressed the congresswoman to explain her support of
Trump given her personal history and the former president being found
liable for sexual abuse and defamation in a case brought by E. Jean
Carroll.

For several minutes, Stephanopoulos kept trying to get Mace to answer
the question, denying he was trying to humiliate the congresswoman
while she argued that was exactly what he was doing.

Mace insisted the question was “offensive” and “disgusting.” She added,
“You’re questioning my political choices because I’ve been raped.”

During the exchange, Mace noted that the judgement against Trump was in
a civil case rather than a criminal one and pointed to how Carroll
joked about a spending spree with the judgement money she was awarded.

“It makes it harder for other women to come forward when another woman
has made a mockery of it,” Mace said.

In sharing insight into her pick for president in the 2024 contest,
Mace said she “endorsed the man that I believe is best for our country.
It’s not Joe Biden.”

The interview eventually gave way to Stephanopoulos pressing Mace on
the U.S. Capitol breach on January 6, 2021, and showing a clip of her
saying not long after that Trump should be held accountable and not
hold office again.

Asked why she is supporting Trump now, Mace said that she “listened to
my voters” in South Carolina “and they’ve moved beyond January 6.”

Mace also said her constituents are concerned about the border crisis
under President Joe Biden, and she mentioned American citizens, such as
Laken Riley, who were allegedly murdered by illegal immigrants.

The interview ended with Stephanopoulos claiming that Mace “made it
very clear” that she was “comfortable with Trump being found liable for
rape and you’re comfortable for his actions on January 6.”

Mace shot back, accusing Stephanopoulos of “putting words in my mouth.”

In posts to social media that followed, Mace shared the entire video of
her interview with Stephanopoulos and continued to criticize the
anchor. She included references to him being an aide to former
President Bill Clinton and the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

    Rape victims go through enough trauma, pain and shame as it is.
    It's an abomination for a guy like this to try to shame me for
    my political choices as a rape victim. https://t.co/f3ZjXEgfGb
    — Nancy Mace (@NancyMace) March 10, 2024

    I’m not going to be shamed for being raped by a guy who worked
    for a President who wagged his finger and lied to the American
    people about having oral sex with an intern in the Oval Office

    STFU @GStephanopoulos https://t.co/xq8NVqgQin
    — Nancy Mace (@NancyMace) March 10, 2024

    I was asked to speak on 2024 today, NOT my own rape. I’ve
    carried this shame for 30 years, a shame George Stephanopolous
    will never know. I don’t need @gstephanopolous “mansplaining”
    rape to me or shaming me on national TV for being a survivor
    of rape. https://t.co/f3ZjXEgfGb
    — Nancy Mace (@NancyMace) March 10, 2024

“I was asked to speak on 2024 today, NOT my own rape. I’ve carried this
shame for 30 years, a shame George Stephanopolous will never know,”
Mace said in one post to X from her personal account. “I don’t need
[Stephanopoulos] ‘mansplaining’ rape to me or shaming me on national TV
for being a survivor of rape.”

She said in another, “I was brought on to talk about 2024
instead
Clinton crony turned fake journalist [Stephanopoulos] attacked me and
tried to shame me as a rape victim. Gross.”

Stephanopoulos wasn't "shaming her" for being a rape victim, she just couldn't answer the legitimate question of why a rape victim would support someone who had been proven to be a rapist in a civil lawsuit. Or why she still supports Trump after Jan. 6 when she said at the time he should be held accountable for it.

Her reaction was histrionic and misguided, and her hypocrisy drips.

She should feel shame for supporting trump.
Yes, I wish she'd answered him.  Cognitive dissonance is fascinating.