Re: [OT] Toronto police urge car owners to make things easy for car thieves

Sujet : Re: [OT] Toronto police urge car owners to make things easy for car thieves
De : dannyb (at) *nospam* panix.com (danny burstein)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 14. Mar 2024, 05:59:00
[snip of Rhino's post..  worth pulling up]

Yeah, I saw that article on blogto.com as well (glad to see
someone's taken over the mantle from the late and very
lamented torontoist)

So yeah, the cops there - clearly in a labor/management "we need
more money!" pattern, are really suggesting people leave their
car keys next to their home door, so that (quoting the cop):
"To prevent the possiblity of being attacked in your home,
leave your fobs at your front door, becasue they're breaking in
to steal your car.  They don't want anything else".

Where's Inspector Brackenreid when we need him?!

https://www.blogto.com/city/2024/03/toronto-police-car-theft/

     dannyb@panix.com