How Vanderpump Rules Season 11 is Falling Flat

Sujet : How Vanderpump Rules Season 11 is Falling Flat
De : weberm (at) *nospam* polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv alt.tv.reality
Date : 15. Mar 2024, 19:21:09
Season 11 of Vanderpump Rules has received mixed reactions from fans. Some
viewers love the tension between cast members post-Scandoval, while others
have complained that the show is missing the magic of Season 10. Here are all
the reasons Vanderpump Rules Season 11 is falling flat.

1) The Cast Is Too Divided

We knew the cast would be at odds in Season 11 after Tom Sandoval and Rachel
Leviss� affair was exposed last year. Ariana Madix said she would never
forgive her ex nor have any mutual friends with him.

Ariana�s stance has forced cast members to choose which half of the former
couple to suck up to. Katie Maloney, Scheana Shay, Brock Davies, James
Kennedy, Ally Lewber, and Lala Kent chose Ariana, while Tom Schwartz stayed
loyal to his friend Sandoval. The divide has isolated the Toms from the
group, which is understandable but boring. The cast works best when they are
all together.

We�ve seen glimpses of the Toms bridging the gap, most notably when they
showed up at SUR for James Kennedy�s DJ set. But we�re not optimistic that
the two will be able to reintegrate into the group anytime soon. We saw how
Schwartz�s Lake Tahoe pitch went.

2) No Rachel

Love her or hate her, she made great TV. Rachel chose not to return for
Season 11, and the show has suffered as a result. It feels like a piece of
the puzzle is missing.

While most of the cast has proudly stated that they �don�t need� the fallen
Bravo star, we have to disagree. She was a large part of why Season 10 was so
compelling. We wanted to see more of Rachel�s story on the new season and
we�re bummed we missed out on it. The former VPR star has stated she left the
show because of mental health reasons, which we respect. Mental health should
always be the number one priority.

3) The Show Lacks New Energy

We love the OG cast of VPR. We grew up with them. However, we wonder how much
longer Bravo can invest in this group. When VPR first premiered, it was a
show about crazy, young creatives in LA. They partied too hard, made terrible
decisions, and lived in crappy apartments. A decade later, so much has
changed. They have homes, kids, and businesses. The days of booze-blackouts
and rage texting seem to be over.

Scandoval gave the show a second life, but we�re not sure the current cast
can sustain the hype. Now that the cast has grown up, they might not fit the
premise of the show.

We think if VPR continues, they need to add a few new cast members. No one in
the cast even works at SUR anymore. Come onnn!

4) Everyone Is So Serious

We understand the VPR crew is recovering from the trauma of a public scandal
but Season 11 is kind of a bummer. We don�t expect Ariana to be cracking
jokes anytime soon but the rest of the cast looks like they all took a
sedative. VPR used to be so funny. There were countless iconic, hilarious
moments sandwiched between the drama. That was the magic of the show. After
Scandoval, the show became pretty somber. We miss the fun.

5) There Is No Couple to Root For

Ariana and Sandoval were the backbone of VPR. Their relationship felt like
the only solid part of the show. They survived so much drama and fans thought
they were endgame. Their breakup threw viewers for a loop. We�ve never seen
Ariana without Sandoval. She�s been by his side since she joined the cast.

The former couple often served as the voice of reason in the group. They
seemed more level-headed than some of their castmates and they always gave
people a second chance. But now that Sandoval has become a villain and Ariana
has become the queen, the show feels so different. We aren�t sure how to
adjust to this new normal or what it means for the future of the show.

--
Let's go Brandon!