Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-17 (Sunday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-17 (Sunday)
De : john (at) *nospam* hamiltonhall.info (john)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 18. Mar 2024, 15:11:19
In article <UBI20240317@dont-email.me>, weberm@polaris.net wrote:
On Gertrude of Nivelles's Day, I watched:

Who?

A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE: THE COMPLETE SERIES, PART 5:
Join us as we look back at how sitcom families deal with some of the
heaviest issues of the day.
https://youtu.be/HqCfU_GdcPU?si=PBHZxf-Z8iOHuTm4

A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE: THE COMPLETE SERIES, PART 6:
Featuring The �Even Stevens� When Shia LaBeouf Wished To Die For Hanukkah,
The 'Golden Girls' When Santa Held Them Hostage At Gunpoint, The 'Boy Meets
World' When Shawn Joined The Mafia To Buy Christmas Gifts, The 'Growing
Pains' When Matthew Perry Drove Drunk And Hit A Tree, The 'Sabrina The
Teenage Witch' When She Became A Crackhead For Pancakes
https://youtu.be/Jv9n6fPEoWY?si=qkUAxSMIETDy5OLI

A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE: THE COMPLETE SERIES, PART 7:
Featuring The 'That's So Raven' When They Battled Racism At The Mall, The
'Webster' When He Torched The Apartment, The 'Blossom' With The Gun-Toting
Student And Alcoholic Clown, The 'Full House' When Aunt Becky's Kids Cheated
Their Way Into School, The 'Full House' When D.J. Got Busted Not Drinking
Beer, The 'Full House' When Urkel Taught Steph Glasses Positivity
https://youtu.be/A3Y0mamxr0M?si=GlEbDin0GanO_GDF

A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE: THE COMPLETE SERIES, PART 8:
Featuring The 'Full House' When Stephanie Helped Her Classmate Get Beaten By
His Father, The 'Full House' When Cigarettes Were Cool And Steph Was A Loser,
The '7th Heaven' With The Pregnant Teen Serial Carjacker, The �7th Heaven�
With The Bulimic Entrapment Dinner And Cult Brainwashing
https://youtu.be/EJ0SLvJLXws?si=50YINUwoftxQxSZO

Every episode of 7th Heaven was A Very Special Episode.

GIRLS ON THE BUS REVIEWS NUKE WORST SHOW THIS YEAR - Disparu:
The Girls on the Bus Reviews are out for this HBO Max TV series. Featuring
Melissa Benoist as a journalist on the road, this is Melissa's first tv show
after Supergirl on CW. The Girls on the Bus comes at a interesting time, but
do the critic reviews like it? Is The Girls on the Bus worth watching?

URL?

THE LOVE BOAT:
� "Friends and Lovers". Gopher poses as Julie's lover to fend off his former
  frat brother Rick.
� "Sergeant Bull". Army buddies reunite with their sergeant Harry and
  introduce him to stewardess Rose.
� "Miss Mother". Gwen fears Dennis won't react well to her pregnancy news.

KRAPOPOLIS:
"Eclipse". The city of Krapopolis prepares for a solar eclipse. Tyrannis
realizes that it is not a severe punishment from Zeus but rather a natural
event. Good one!

QUIET ON THE SET: THE DARK SIDE OF KIDS TV:
Discover the untold story of the toxic and abusive environment inside '90s
kids' TV. Hear harrowing accounts from former child stars and crew who
probe the balance of power in the industry and reveal an era that inflicted
lasting wounds still felt today.
Hokey smokes!

Holy shit, this is incredibly disturbing. Everything with Jason, and the
little girls. The baggies. I feel ill.

I only knew Dan from "Head of the Class" and didn't realize he was the same Dan
Schneider/Nickelodeon.

And Dan Schneider, and his intense power and control. The stuff the women who
wrote for the shows had to say about working for him, the harassment and
degrading things they were made to do and say.

Also, his intense involvement in Amanda Bynes' life, to the point where he's
actively helping her to emancipate herself from her parents. WHY THE FUCK
DOES A TV PRODUCER HAVE THIS MUCH INVOLVEMENT IN A TEEN GIRL'S LIFE LIKE
THAT?

Just. God. Seeing all these clips and photos of him with Amanda in such
close, intimate settings...and then you think about how much she spiralled in
the following years...it's CHILLING. We're seeing a full on grooming in real
time here.

And we're not even going to get into the John Waye Gacy shit with Brian that
they're talking about now 'cause WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL?

I didn't watch a lot of the shows Dan worked on, but I had no idea that he'd
worked on "All That" and "Kenan and Kel" back in the day. Or "What I Like
About You", I do remember watching that show on occasion back in the day. I'd
heard about some of the rumors involving him in recent years, but damn, these
details are horrifying.

And then of course black kids are being marginalized, and girls are being
judged on their appearance when they're just barely into puberty, and my god,
I just feel like I need a shower now. Ugh. UGH.