Tracker "Lexington" 3/24/2024 (spoilers)

Sujet : Tracker "Lexington" 3/24/2024 (spoilers)
De : ahk (at) *nospam* chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 26. Mar 2024, 07:00:21

An episode that sucked less than previous episodes. It had moments of
entertainment, plus horsies.

Colton heads to Lexington to track a stolen horse. He has three days to
find it as it must run in a qualifying race for the Kentucky Derby.

There's a "Lexington" caption over a rural area, a cultivated field, a low
mountain or a large hill, a very large body of water in the background,
and significantly, no grass. That ain't horse country surrounding
Lexington. Maybe skip the rural British Columbia establishment shot?

The horse in question is owned by a team of investors, plus a couple who
take care of the horse. We never see the trainer nor jockey. The couple
is divorcing and the husband sort of implicates the wife in the theft.

Colton trips over Billie (Sofia Pernas, Lexi from Blood & Treasure), who
is also seeking the finder's fee. She's The Woman Who Done Him Wrong,
having screwed him when they partnered on a past job. There's sort of an
attraction between the two but, in the moment, they don't even kiss.
They do end up working together.

Colton attends a posh party thrown by the ex wife Tina and her new boyfriend.
She's the absolutely gorgeous Michelle Morgan. She looked very familiar
but she did one appearance on Supernatural and two on Stargate:
Atlantis. She was the third actress to play Elizabeth Weir. After Torri
Higginson would not return for season 5 in a smaller role, they did one
episode "Ghost in the Machine" which included an unsatisfactory write out
of Weir, played by Morgan. I put Atlantis out of mind and don't recall
all that much about it.

Colton and Billie break into an office to look for stolen origin papers
for the horse which must be presented to enter him into races and to
stud. They don't find them. Colton stole something Billie didn't see and
neither did I.

Sure takes Colton a while, but the following day, he finally
investigates the crime scene and determines that the horse wasn't taken
out by trailer (despite horse tranquilizer left behind) but ridden out.
Only a handful of people can ride the finnicky horse, including the
fired trainer. Going to that guy's place, they find his corpse.

Splitting up, Billie discovers that the vet is corrupt. She lures him
out of surgery by product placement description of his high-end truck,
telling him kids are messing with it. She finds the smoking gun, a
record of the horse being all doped up so he can run through pain and
apparently untreated injuries, and the drugs messing up the horse bad
enough that he's impotent and cannot be put out to stud.

I'm thinking insurance scam but I don't see how the insurance company
would pay off without some inspection.

Colton claims (having read Dick Francis novels, I guess) it's easy to
get around all the blood testing performed on horse. Ok.

At some point they are lured into a trap but get out. Whitey, er, I mean
Penelope, er, I mean Bob Exley figures out that the land is owned by the
same shell company that has recently purchased pasture, so that's where
the horse is. The shell company is one of the owners, the boyfriend.

Billie gets taken by the villain but offers to accept a payoff, but she
and Colton don't end up betraying each other. The fight scene was
unimpressive. The villain claims he had a buyer for the horse but was
defrauding him on his bad shape.

FBI freezes the assets of the shell company which includes the trust
holding the large reward. No finder's fee. But Colton is happy that he
found the truth and justice was done.

The two exes stop hating each other and take care of the now worthless
horse, but he's a 2000 pound pet. They'll end up as friends.

Teddi and Velma have a tiny bit of "screen" time (on Colton's screen)
and make no useful contribution to the plot. No Renee.