Re: Dispatches from Clown World: Actual NY Times Headline

Sujet : Re: Dispatches from Clown World: Actual NY Times Headline
De : NoBody (at) *nospam* nowhere.com (NoBody)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 26. Mar 2024, 13:25:01
On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 21:36:55 -0400, shawn
<nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 00:50:26 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

On Mar 25, 2024 at 5:43:03 PM PDT, "BTR1701" <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

Wait a minute. Trump's civil fraud verdict was based on the notion he
systematically gave an incorrect valuation to his properties in order to
deceive lenders (even though all lenders were repaid and none of them ever
made complaints against him and all said they'd do business with him again).

Now, the New York Times admits that reaching a proper valuation for Trump's
buildings is a "guessing game".

https://ibb.co/tJkZL5d

Untangling Trump's Real Estate
Donald Trump owes $454 million by Monday or risks losing some properties. But
experts say valuing the buildings would be a guessing game.

Even CNN is now reporting that Mar-a-Lago is worth north of $200 million when
the judge in Trump's trial assigned it a value of only $18 million, a number
he basically pulled out of his ass, based on nothing but his own biases, to
support a verdict against Trump.

That seems unlikely when you consider that there are restriction in
place that prevent anyone from doing anything else with the property.
Now, as I understand it, if they could tear it down and divide it up
into smaller properties for homes then you might get that value up in
the hundreds of millions.

Are you disputing CNN's statement?  I hope you include their response
when you contacted them to correct it.

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1770974120987029504/vid/avc1/480x270/8-kFmV79hY_BOfO7.mp4?tag=14

Some of indictments and prosecutions against Trump have merit (classified
docs, etc.), but this New York case is nothing but a blatant use of the
judicial system to wage a transparent political hit job on someone they just
don't like for his politics.

Not as I understand it because there's changing valuations and then
there's changing valuations. Trump played with the valuations on a
level that no one else I've heard of doing. It's just amazing to me
that no one called him on it. Though looking at some of Louis
Rossman's videos it is clear that exaggerating with real estate is a
NY thing as he had multiple videos showing people renting commercial
real estate. They would say the space was 2000 square feet but if you
measured it there would only be 1000 square feet of space available.
It's not even that there was space that you couldn't use. The real
estate agents just invented extra space. Though if they were doing it
on Trump's level they might say that 1000 square foot of space was
actually 20-30 thousand square feet of space.

Citations required. You have a future as a New York judge.