Re: Civility Project ends

Sujet : Re: Civility Project ends
De : weberm (at) *nospam* polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv alt.politics.usa
Date : 27. Mar 2024, 21:35:15
Barb May" <barbmay@gmx.com> wrote:

The Civility Pledge

   * will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
   * will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
   * will stand against incivility when I see it.

A Tennessee music venue is hosting a "Trans Day of Vengeance" concert just
days after the one-year anniversary of the deadly shooting at The Covenant
School, in which a transgender-identifying woman killed three children and
three adults, apparently out of ideological fury.

A flyer promoted by several bands says that the Graveyard Gallery in
Murfreesboro is hosting the concert on March 31, and using it to raise money
for a group that provides gender reassignment surgery. The shooting occurred
on March 27, 2023, at the Christian school in Nashville, less than an hour
away.

The party comes with Nashville schools in high alert because of the potential
for violence on the anniversary of the shooting. The shooting last year came
as radical transgender activists rallied for a "Trans Day of Vengeance" on
the same day that year, with the Trans Radical Activist Network (TRAN)
saying, "The time is now, enough is enough."

President Joe Biden in 2021 recognized March 31 as the "Transgender Day of
Visibility," which trans activists changed to "vengeance." Whether that Day
of Vengeance may have spurred the timing of the child-killer's act is unknown
because authorities have refused to release her manifesto.

The flyer for this year's event says "all proceeds will be donated to Point
of Pride" and that the bands include Dumpster Pussy, Dru The Drifter + The
Back Alley Hookers, Boy Clothes, Spinning Lodge, and the Oitakus. It says the
event is presented by Boro Fondo, a "music, art, and bike fest" that is
advertising the show and asking attendees to "bring new or used chest binders
to donate to Point of Pride."

"Point of Pride mails gender affirming garments to trans and gender-diverse
people who cannot afford or otherwise access them," a poster on Boro Fondo's
Instagram page says. "Shipping is free. Point of Pride provides funding
towards surgery, hormone replacement therapy, and permanent hair removal
services."

Graveyard Gallery did not return requests for comment. Nor did Spinning Lodge
or the Oitakus.

https://dw-wp-production.imgix.net/2024/03/vengeance-poster-768x758.png

Boro Fondo told The Daily Wire that while its event calling for "vengeance"
may "sound frightening," nobody associated with the event "is planning any
actual violent acts."

"It does sound frightening, especially considering the tragic event from last
year," it said in an email to the Daily Wire. "Our hearts go out to the
affected families, and you'll find many trans people from TN denounced what
this person did. However, it is merely a play on 'Trans Day of Visibility'
which is the day on which the show is taking place."

"Our 'vengeance' is simply existing despite the immense adversity trans
people face in Tennessee every day," it added. "We would like to stress that
nobody associated with us is planning any actual violent acts."

TRAN's website for last year's event included violent rhetoric, quoting trans
activist Sylvia Rivera who said, "I remember when someone threw a Molotov
cocktail, I thought, 'My god, the revolution is here.'"

The 2023 event in Washington, D.C. was cancelled at the last minute -- not
out of respect for the slain children, but because "the safety of our trans
community is first priority" and there was a "flood of raw hatred directed
towards the trans community after the Tennessee shooting."

Transgender activists aim to get "vengeance" for what they imagine is a
"genocide" against them. However, that genocide does not exist, according to
Department of Justice statistics.

Transgenders were the victims of 271 hate crimes in 2021, most of them minor,
with the exception of two murders and two rapes. Seventy were "intimidation,"
and 37 were vandalism. Half of the offenders were black.

Based on the FBI data, a black person's chance of being the victim of a hate
crime in a given year is 98 in a million, a Jewish person stands a 109 in a
million chance. The likelihood of a transgender person is less than half of
that, a rate similar to the one for Muslims.

Members of the Selected First Motorcycle Club join others in prayer at a
makeshift memorial for victims of a shooting at the Covenant School campus,
in Nashville, Tennessee, March 28, 2023. - A heavily armed former student
killed three young children and three staff in what appeared to be a
carefully planned attack at a private elementary school in Nashville on March
27, 2023, before being shot dead by police. Chief of Police John Drake named
the suspect as Audrey Hale, 28, who the officer later said identified as
transgender.
The national TRAN group, which is not known to be affiliated with the
Murfreesboro concert, was led by an individual who "came out as a lesbian at
age 29 and as a transgender man at age 50," as well as another who said
"What motivated me to start TRAN was the fact I was bullied to the point
where I attempted to end my own life. The person that bullied me was a fellow
member of the LGBTIA+."

The Virginia chapter was led by Bo Belotti, who once worked for Elizabeth
Guzman, a Democrat Virginia state lawmaker.

--
Let's go Brandon!