King Solomon's Mines (1937)

Sujet : King Solomon's Mines (1937)
De : ahk (at) *nospam* chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 28. Mar 2024, 07:37:25
I noticed TCM has the 1937 King Solomon's Mines, which I've never seen.
Of course, it was too late to record. I've read that it's the most
faithful adaptation of the H. Rider Haggard novel.

Directed by Robert Stevenson
Starring Paul Robeson, Cedric Hardwicke as Quartermain, Roland Young
(Topper in the 1937 movie), and the gorgeous Anna Lee. Robeson sings
three songs, including one honoring the mountain.

At the end of her life, Anna Lee was given a job for life on General
Hospital. As an homage to this movie, she played Lila Quartermaine who
would have a son named Alan. When she was in her 90s, new show runners
did not honor the promise and fired her.

I'll look for it again.