Love Island USA undergoes major shake-up as Vanderpump Rules star "set to replace" Sarah Hyland as new host

Sujet : Love Island USA undergoes major shake-up as Vanderpump Rules star "set to replace" Sarah Hyland as new host
De : weberm (at) *nospam* polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv alt.tv.reality
Date : 28. Mar 2024, 10:30:51
A VANDERPUMP Rules star has been named as the new host of Love Island after
long-time host Sarah Hyland abandons the series.

Sarah, 33, has been the host of Love Island USA for Seasons 4 and 5, but
after a particularly stressful year, it appears she's ready to step down.

Love Island is a dating show based on a British series of the same name.

To stay on the island - and fight for the $100,000 prize - contestants must
be coupled up at the end of each episode.

Those who are not chosen as a romantic partner by another islander are sent
home with a broken heart and an empty wallet.

According to TMZ, this season was Sarah's final season as host as she had
another opportunity she wanted to pursue.

In her place, Ariana Madix, 38, who is no stranger to reality television,
will step up to run the show.

Sources claim the deal isn't set in stone, but the official announcement
should be on the horizon.

Ariana, a Vanderpump Rules superstar, already has a taste of what Love Island
was like as she made a cameo on it last season.

Her episode aired in July when she hosted a game called Mr. & Mrs. where
contestants had to guess the answer to intimate questions about their
partner.

It's also no secret to Ariana's fans that she's a massive binge-watcher when
it comes to Love Island.

She's mentioned it on her Bravo show and even gushed over the show during an
interview with Rolling Stone.

Do reality show relationships stand the test of time?
Her appearance on Love Island will be the third reality show she'll appear on
as she also was a contestant on Dancing with the Stars.

Fans of Love Island on X, formerly known as Twitter, loved the idea of Ariana
being the host.

One said: "All Ariana wanted when Tom was actively cheating on her was to
watch Love Island together and now she�s the host of it all."

"Ariana replacing Sarah Hyland on Love Island USA� wondering how Scheana Shay
is processing this news," said another referring to Ariana's VPR costar.

A third added: "As a long-time Love Island fan and more recent Bravo fan this
is absolutely thrilling for me."

"I love to see her continue to win after everyone has tried to take her down
this season," commented a fan.

After the news of her exit broke, Sarah was forced to make a public statement
about her exit.

She shared the message on her Instagram Story on Wednesday.

It read: "Well, just got a text.

"I'm disappointed the news had to break this way but it is in fact true that
I will not be returning to the island this summer.

"I have committed to an exciting project, that will be announced soon, that
conflicts directly with the shooting dates for Love Island USA."

She concluded: "While I'm sad I can't return, I hope to see lots of love this
summer on Peacock this upcoming season!"

It's unknown what project the Modern Family actress is working on.

Love Island USA will be Ariana's first major gig away from VPR after her long
stint as Roxie Hart in Chicago on Broadway.

--
Let's go Brandon!