Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-28 (Thursday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-28 (Thursday)
De : dtravel (at) *nospam* sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 30. Mar 2024, 01:31:22
On 2024-03-29 22:42:16 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:

 I don't remember either episode of Twilight Zone mentioned.  I especially don't remember an episode where someone ages backwards.  The closes I can think is the guy who was obsessed with his mom and the episode ends with him being a child again while his wife looks on in horror.

That was an earlier episode.

Apparently I missed the time travel bus to today that departed yesterday so you'll just have to settle for what I watched yesterday, not what I'm going to watch this evening.

You didn't - Ubi trolled the rest of us, and I didn't notice because I just followed up to Anim.

What Did You Watch?

I saw:

March Madness - San Diego State, which did OK in the first half, gets blown out by UConn in the second. Arizona loses a close one. UNC loses a close one. Meh.

An ep. of B&B - Gotta love how you can check back on this show after months, and have missed absolutely nothing! But, in this one, it seems like they're going to write out Thomas (and his kid) at least temporarily, which leaves dumb Hope with *nothing*, which I do find amusing. But at the end, Steffi shows up to gloat, which just makes her an asshole!

A lackluster ep. of "Wheel of Fortune" in which Pat made two uncharacteristic mistakes.

Part of "Moneyball", which I had never seen before.

  It's a good movie.  It was on my short list when I did a sports movie marathon a few weeks ago.  But all the sports movies I watched were football based and this is baseball movie.
  I watched:
  Invincible (Amazon streaming) Season 2 resumed a couple of weeks ago.  I watched the first two episodes that were already available.
 "This Must Come as a Shock" - Season 2, episode 5.  Picking up where the last episode ended Mark is still on an alien planet.  The people build a ship so he can return home but ask that he take his half brother with him.  He does and his mother takes it surprisingly well, all things considered.  She is basically asked to raise her murderous ex husband's son.  Meanwhile the Martians finally head towards Earth forcing the team to break into two with one group going to stop the Martians and the other left to protect Earth resulting in a cliffhanger ending involving both teams.
 "It's Not That Simple" - Season 2, episode 6. This episode resolves the cliffhangers from the previous episode.
  Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire (theatrical) Latest entry in the new Godzillaverse franchise.
Trademark pending.

Picking up after "Godzilla vs. Kong" there is an uneasy truce between the two titans.  Kong lives in hollow Earth and is searching for his people while Godzilla remains on the surface and is hunting other monsters and has basically become the savior of humanity. Although it's almost comical how one country tries to "stop" Godzilla from trashing one of their cities.  Look if Godzilla needs to trash your city to stop some other monster, just stay out of his way and let him do his thing!  Anyway Kong finally finds his people and it turns out they aren't very nice.  Forcing him to call Godzilla for reinforcements and once again save the day.  Story wise, the plot was paper thin.  But it did deliver on giant monsters smashing stuff.  I'll take what I can get.   But I would appreciate a better story next time.  Or at least better acting!  I know it's a giant monster flick, I was a bit spoiled with the earlier movies having much better casts and stories than this one.
So the CGI needs to take some acting classes?
--
I've done good in this world. Now I'm tired and just want to be a cranky dirty old man.