death of David Seidler

Sujet : death of David Seidler
De : ahk (at) *nospam* chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 30. Mar 2024, 18:03:01
Spotting this in alt.obituaries.

David Seidler was the Oscar-winning screenwriter for The King's Speech
(2010). The award for best original screenplay, at age 73, came late in
life. I've often wondered what screenplays might have been produced if
the recognition had come much earlier.

Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, had asked him not to produce the
movie till after her death, a request he honored. She wouldn't die till
age 101. She said the memories were too painful.

I'll have to rewatch the movie in his honor.