Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-31 (Sunday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-31 (Sunday)
De : nanoflower (at) *nospam* notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 02. Apr 2024, 03:56:53
On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 18:43:49 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

On 4/1/24 12:35 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

What Did You Watch?

An extremely long travel day, so basically nothing.

Today (Monday) I've had to skip past a week and a day of soaps!  :(

It was a day to watch things I had or thought I had already watched.
Starting with SICARIO:
For that haven't watched it the story is about an FBI agent who gets
hooked up with a Joint Task Force. The JTF's nominal role is to put
pressure on the drug smugglers to shut them down. The FBI agent's
motivation is that she and her partner were almost killed when a bomb
was setup as a booby trap to kill the LEOs when they raided a house
supposedly involved in drug smuggling.

Of course the actual story is much complex as the JTF is basically set
free to do what they feel is needed to bring the cartels to heel, at
least in the USA starting with bringing back one of the upper
management to the USA to answer some questions. Which goes smoothly
(as they expected ) till they got stuck in traffic at the border
crossing. Not unexpectedly there had been a leak about the transfer
and multiple gang members are also stuck in traffic at the border with
the JTF members. Things go as one might expect, violently.

Good movie. If you like action flicks then I highly recommend it.

The other movie I though I had watched but actually hadn't was
INDEPENDENCE DAY RESURGENCE. This is a sequel to the original that
suffers from the standard problem of not being as good as the first.
While many of the cast members from the first movie return playing
themselves 20 years later and having to deal with a return of the
aliens, it just wasn't the same. Hard to catch that same magic in a
bottle a second time.

Watch if you are bored and have nothing better to watch.

What did you watch on Easter Sunday?

(Not so surprising none of the bad guys rose from the grave.)