Re: Jimmy Kimmel Calls USA "Filthy And Disgusting" After Traveling to Japan: "We Are Like Hogs Compared to the Japanese"

Sujet : Re: Jimmy Kimmel Calls USA "Filthy And Disgusting" After Traveling to Japan: "We Are Like Hogs Compared to the Japanese"
De : atropos (at) *nospam* mac.com (BTR1701)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 04. Apr 2024, 22:38:37
In article <gm1u0jp0g2j3jhamarsfe7d3r8ij93jim9@4ax.com>,

On Thu, 04 Apr 2024 13:02:19 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

In article <uumno6$p8sf$2@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

Late-night host Jimmy Kimmel said he's looking at America in a new light
after a recent visit to Japan.

The 56-year-old said his trip abroad made him realize that the U.S. is
unsanitary compared to the land of the rising sun.

"After traveling to Japan, I realize that this place, this USA we're
always
chanting about, is a filthy and disgusting country," he said during his
monologue on Monday night's episode of "Jimmy Kimmel Live."

I agree with him. My trip to Tokyo was an eye-opener. I've never seen a
city so clean and beautiful with pleasant, polite, happy people
everywhere you go. Its only drawback was that-- of all the places I've
been around the world-- it's one of the harder cities to get around and
function in if you don't speak the language. I thought at the time that
if I spoke and read Japanese, I'd consider living in Tokyo for good if I
could.

But my understanding is you would have a difficult time living there
because you aren't Japanese. Things like buying a home would be very
difficult for you. So it really sounds like a great place to visit as
a foreigner but not so to permanently live as a foreigner. As for the
cleanliness isn't Singapore another place that's kept exceptionally
clean but hot and humid.

I forgot to mention, the per capita percentage of attractive women in
Japan was *much* higher than in the U.S. There were beautiful women
seemingly everywhere.

Sure, you can find some smokeshows in L.A., but there are a lot more of
the green-haired, nose-ringed tofu monsters waddling around than the
BAYWATCH supermodels.

Coming back to the shit-pile Los Angeles has become in just the last 10
short years was very disheartening.

Of course LA is going to be disheartening just from all the homeless
on the streets.

It's no surprise it would be especially noticeable to Kimmel, whose
show's home is in an old Masonic temple right across Hollywood Blvd from
the Chinese Theater and the Hollywood-and-Highland Complex, where
fentanyl addicts stagger around like WALKING DEAD extras, crime is out
of control, vagrants tents and trash mountains abound, and dead bodies
lying on the sidewalk are a routine occurrence.

Coming back to that from Japan would be quite a contrast indeed.