Re: Jimmy Kimmel Calls USA "Filthy And Disgusting" After Traveling to Japan: "We Are Like Hogs Compared to the Japanese"

Sujet : Re: Jimmy Kimmel Calls USA "Filthy And Disgusting" After Traveling to Japan: "We Are Like Hogs Compared to the Japanese"
De : nanoflower (at) *nospam* notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 05. Apr 2024, 06:43:05
On Thu, 04 Apr 2024 20:47:45 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

In article
<17c3434f46feeca3$51971$3384359$c2d58868@news.newsdemon.com>,
moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:

On 4/4/2024 9:21 PM, Rhino wrote:

There may be an easy solution to littering. Many years ago, when I was
just a pup, I remember an episode of Wonderful World of Disney where
they talked about the state of littering in some historic places and/or
national parks, perhaps Mt. Rushmore or Yellowstone. They had a little
jingle going as they showed these scenes and I still remember a snippet
of it to this day: "Litterbug, litterbug, don't you care? Making a mess
everywhere!" I don't think I've littered since I saw that, although
there were probably a couple of other moments along the way that
reinforced that. I just hold on to any litter I generate - or put it in
my pocket - until I get to a garbage can. I barely even think about it:
it's just programmed into my brain.

I suppose you could characterize that as brain-washing and I suppose
it's true but it worked and I can't find anything evil in it, unlike
the sort of brain-washing/indoctrination so many schools do today.

Why don't we do more of this? The world wouldn't suddenly be clean and
tidy overnight but it would probably clean up gradually if we were all
persuaded to litter less.

People litter because other people litter ...preventable only by police.

A couple years ago, I was coming around the corner from the alley next
to my house just as some purple-haired wildebeest threw her Starbucks
frappa-whatever against my garage door, splattering most of it all over
the door. The cup dropped to the ground as she and her pierced and
tattooed boyfriend walked over to the their car which was parked on the
curb and got in. I picked up the cup, which was still about 1/4 full of
sugary glop and walked over and dropped it through the sunroof
upside-down onto her lap and said, "Wouldn't want you to forget this."

Her screech of outrage made the half hour I had to spend cleaning off my
garage door a lot easier to endure.

LOL. You have to wonder what is going on in their heads. It's bad
enough to just drop your trash on the street but then to toss it up
against someone's home leaving the trash and a mess behind. I can't
fathom why anyone would do that.