Re: Jimmy Kimmel Calls USA "Filthy And Disgusting" After Traveling to Japan: "We Are Like Hogs Compared to the Japanese"

Sujet : Re: Jimmy Kimmel Calls USA "Filthy And Disgusting" After Traveling to Japan: "We Are Like Hogs Compared to the Japanese"
De : fredp1571 (at) *nospam* gmail.com (FPP)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 05. Apr 2024, 15:27:43
On 4/4/24 11:01 PM, moviePig wrote:
On 4/4/2024 9:38 PM, Rhino wrote:
On Thu, 04 Apr 2024 18:22:48 -0700
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

In article <uunf55$v0c0$1@dont-email.me>, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
wrote:

On 4/4/24 4:02 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
In article <uumno6$p8sf$2@dont-email.me>,
   Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
Late-night host Jimmy Kimmel said he's looking at America in a
new light after a recent visit to Japan.

The 56-year-old said his trip abroad made him realize that the
U.S. is unsanitary compared to the land of the rising sun.

"After traveling to Japan, I realize that this place, this USA
we're always
chanting about, is a filthy and disgusting country," he said
during his monologue on Monday night's episode of "Jimmy Kimmel
Live."

I agree with him. My trip to Tokyo was an eye-opener. I've never
seen a city so clean and beautiful with pleasant, polite, happy
people everywhere you go. Its only drawback was that-- of all the
places I've been around the world-- it's one of the harder cities
to get around and function in if you don't speak the language. I
thought at the time that if I spoke and read Japanese, I'd
consider living in Tokyo for good if I could.

Coming back to the shit-pile Los Angeles has become in just the
last 10 short years was very disheartening.

It's no surprise it would be especially noticeable to Kimmel,
whose show's home is in an old Masonic temple right across
Hollywood Blvd from the Chinese Theater and the
Hollywood-and-Highland Complex, where fentanyl addicts stagger
around like WALKING DEAD extras, crime is out of control,
vagrants tents and trash mountains abound, and dead bodies lying
on the sidewalk are a routine occurrence.

Coming back to that from Japan would be quite a contrast indeed.
Japan's taxes vs US are generally considered to be pretty high.

At least the citizens of Japan get value in return for their taxes.

I live in the highest tax state in the union and when we call the
cops for things like a vagrant openly masturbating in a park while
watching kids, the response is "there's nothing we can do".

Betcha that doesn't happen in Japan.

When businesses are run into the ground by repeated break-ins and the
fact that customers can't even get into their front doors anymore
because there's a tent and trash mountain and meth addict face-down
in a puddle of his own vomit blocking them, if they get any response
from the city council besides a bored shrug, they're told "there's
nothing we can do".

Betcha that doesn't happen in Japan.

Over and over, crime after crime... "There's nothing we can do. Now
shut up and give us more tax money."

So you'd be OK with higher taxes to fix our problems at home,
right?

Except I already pay higher taxes and the problems only get worse
here.

Over the last three years the people of L.A. County were taxed more
than $3 billion "to fight homelessness". At the end of that three
years, with three billion of our tax dollars gone, what was the
result?

Homelessness has increased by 32%.

You just *know* the "progressive" response to that will be: "Just think
how much worse it would have been if we hadn't spent that $3 billion on
the problem!"
 You may *dream* it.  You don't *know* it.
 In fact, though it's an obvious riposte, I think I've never heard it...
Rhino lives in the shadow of Thanny's taint...
--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC Bible  25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0