Re: Jimmy Kimmel Calls USA "Filthy And Disgusting" After Traveling to Japan: "We Are Like Hogs Compared to the Japanese"

Sujet : Re: Jimmy Kimmel Calls USA "Filthy And Disgusting" After Traveling to Japan: "We Are Like Hogs Compared to the Japanese"
De : never (at) *nospam* nothere.com (moviePig)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 05. Apr 2024, 19:11:16
On 4/5/2024 10:18 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
shawn  <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
On Thu, 4 Apr 2024 21:21:52 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

On Thu, 04 Apr 2024 13:02:19 -0700
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

In article <uumno6$p8sf$2@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

There may be an easy solution to littering. Many years ago, when I was
just a pup, I remember an episode of Wonderful World of Disney where
they talked about the state of littering in some historic places and/or
national parks, perhaps Mt. Rushmore or Yellowstone. They had a little
jingle going as they showed these scenes and I still remember a snippet
of it to this day: "Litterbug, litterbug, don't you care? Making a mess
everywhere!" I don't think I've littered since I saw that, although
there were probably a couple of other moments along the way that
reinforced that. I just hold on to any litter I generate - or put it in
my pocket - until I get to a garbage can. I barely even think about it:
it's just programmed into my brain.

I suppose you could characterize that as brain-washing and I suppose
it's true but it worked and I can't find anything evil in it, unlike
the sort of brain-washing/indoctrination so many schools do today.

Why don't we do more of this? The world wouldn't suddenly be clean and
tidy overnight but it would probably clean up gradually if we were all
persuaded to litter less.

If only it would be that easy. I didn't think of it earlier but I live
in an apartment complex. I have seen people pull up in their car, drop
some garbage (usually some sort of drink or fast food container) and
then go inside to their apartment. Leaving the trash behind. Or they
will toss the trash before driving off to work or whatever. They only
have to carry the trash just a few tens of feet and that's too much
for them. It just shows that these people don't care about littering
even in front of their own abode.

Shoot them in the head. Leave the corpse next to the litter. You'll have
the cleanest apartment complex in the neighborhood.

Just shoot them in the leg so they can crawl away. Makes the area self
policing.
And if they don't take litter with them, shoot them in the other leg.