Re: "Today in My Harry Potter Class..."

Sujet : Re: "Today in My Harry Potter Class..."
De : nanoflower (at) *nospam* notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 06. Apr 2024, 01:52:06
On Fri, 05 Apr 2024 23:25:40 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

"Today in my Harry Potter class at Baylor University, we had a hard and
necessary conversation about JK Rowling and her hatred of trans- people. We
decided novelist Rowling, who wrote with compassion about diversity, equity,
and inclusion, is worth our attention. Twitter Rowling? Shame on her."

https://x.com/Greg1Garrett/status/1775307079126806960

------------------------

"Today in my Harry Potter class..." is a prime example of why the rest of us
shouldn't have to pay off anybody else's student loans.

If the class were on modern literature then I could see the subject of
Harry Potter coming up. The rest of the discussion of JK Rowling and
her opinions on trans people really doesn't belong in any class, not
even one on philosophy or modern events. It's just not worthy of
discussion in a class on anything other than  a class on JK Rowling
which wouldn't belong at any school.

The rest of the tweet is an example of how education does not equal
intelligence and being "anti-intellectual" isn't necessarily a bad thing when
it's dipshits like this who are calling themselves intellectuals.