Re: Jimmy Kimmel Calls USA "Filthy And Disgusting" After Traveling to Japan: "We Are Like Hogs Compared to the Japanese"

Sujet : Re: Jimmy Kimmel Calls USA "Filthy And Disgusting" After Traveling to Japan: "We Are Like Hogs Compared to the Japanese"
De : gmsingh (at) *nospam* email.com (trotsky)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 06. Apr 2024, 10:26:02
On 4/4/24 9:54 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
In article <20240404213809.0000331f@example.com>,

On Thu, 04 Apr 2024 18:22:48 -0700
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

In article <uunf55$v0c0$1@dont-email.me>, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
wrote:

On 4/4/24 4:02 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
In article <uumno6$p8sf$2@dont-email.me>,
   Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

Late-night host Jimmy Kimmel said he's looking at America in a
new light after a recent visit to Japan.

The 56-year-old said his trip abroad made him realize that the
U.S. is unsanitary compared to the land of the rising sun.

"After traveling to Japan, I realize that this place, this USA
we're always
chanting about, is a filthy and disgusting country," he said
during his monologue on Monday night's episode of "Jimmy Kimmel
Live."

I agree with him. My trip to Tokyo was an eye-opener. I've never
seen a city so clean and beautiful with pleasant, polite, happy
people everywhere you go. Its only drawback was that-- of all the
places I've been around the world-- it's one of the harder cities
to get around and function in if you don't speak the language. I
thought at the time that if I spoke and read Japanese, I'd
consider living in Tokyo for good if I could.

Coming back to the shit-pile Los Angeles has become in just the
last 10 short years was very disheartening.

It's no surprise it would be especially noticeable to Kimmel,
whose show's home is in an old Masonic temple right across
Hollywood Blvd from the Chinese Theater and the
Hollywood-and-Highland Complex, where fentanyl addicts stagger
around like WALKING DEAD extras, crime is out of control,
vagrants tents and trash mountains abound, and dead bodies lying
on the sidewalk are a routine occurrence.

Coming back to that from Japan would be quite a contrast indeed.

Japan's taxes vs US are generally considered to be pretty high.

At least the citizens of Japan get value in return for their taxes.

I live in the highest tax state in the union and when we call the
cops for things like a vagrant openly masturbating in a park while
watching kids, the response is "there's nothing we can do".

Betcha that doesn't happen in Japan.

When businesses are run into the ground by repeated break-ins and the
fact that customers can't even get into their front doors anymore
because there's a tent and trash mountain and meth addict face-down
in a puddle of his own vomit blocking them, if they get any response
from the city council besides a bored shrug, they're told "there's
nothing we can do".

Betcha that doesn't happen in Japan.

Over and over, crime after crime... "There's nothing we can do. Now
shut up and give us more tax money."

So you'd be OK with higher taxes to fix our problems at home,
right?

Except I already pay higher taxes and the problems only get worse
here.

Over the last three years the people of L.A. County were taxed more
than $3 billion "to fight homelessness". At the end of that three
years, with three billion of our tax dollars gone, what was the
result?

Homelessness has increased by 32%.

You just *know* the "progressive" response to that will be: "Just think
how much worse it would have been if we hadn't spent that $3 billion on
the problem!"
 Where I part ways with Kimmel on this is that he acts like L.A.'s
situation is representative of America.
You're lying.  As usual.  You "part ways with Kimmel" every time he utters a word.  What the fuck are you event talking about?
  Yes, Los Angeles is a miserable
and disgusting place, unfit for human occupation, but not every place in
America is like L.A. Most places are not. Just the Democrat-run big blue
cities.
 The problem with leftist goobers like Kimmel is that they'll make these
kinds of observations about somewhere like Japan, but then exhibit no
curiosity whatsoever as to why Tokyo is like that but L.A is not. They
simply make the observation and then move on. These people are so
dimwitted and incurious that they can notice a stark and shocking
difference like this-- that Japan's cities are clean and attractive and
safe, while ours are garbage dumps-- without ever stopping for even a
moment to reflect on the 'how' and the 'why' of it.
 Or even worse, they'll notice something like this and bring it up for
discussion and then stridently condemn anyone who tries to talk about
the 'how' and the 'why' as some kind -ist or -phobe.
 In this case, the how and why are obvious to anyone who isn't a raging
leftist like Kimmel and his friends.
 Japan is a homogenous country. Nearly everyone is Japanese by ancestry
and ethnicity. Everyone shares one language, one culture, and that
culture is one that values discipline, hard work, respect for authority,
and education. And the Japanese also have a very high average IQ as a
people. The highest in the world, in fact.
 So you can see why Kimmel doesn't want to talk about the why. Japan has
made itself so clean and safe and orderly precisely by rejecting
Kimmel's own world view.
 Kimmel, as an avowed leftist, believes that 'diversity is our strength',
that compassion requires us to throw open our borders and invite the
entire 3rd-world in, that we ought to have no national language, no real
nationwide shared culture, and that we should treat all cultures the
same.
 But Japan is the way it is because it has, up till now, done the
opposite of all that. And now Kimmel excoriates America for not being
like Japan while insisting that America not do any of the things Japan
has done to make itself that way. And we should continue to do all of
the things that make our cities dirty and revolting, even as he
complains that our cities are dirty and revolting.
 There are things that we can do to make our cities cleaner and safer. We
probably won't ever get to Japan-level-- that toothpaste was squeezed
out of the tube a long time ago-- but we don't have to live like this.
Our cities don't need to be scenes from a post-apocalyptic Mad Max
movie. They can be cleaned up, it's just Kimmel and his fellow
travelers, while complaining that the cites are disgusting, doesn't want
to do any of the necessary things to clean them up.
 Those things would include shutting down illegal immigration, seriously
punish those who hire illegals, enforcing the laws in our cities
strictly and severely, outlawing vagrancy, rounding up the mentally ill
whose malady prevents them from caring for their own basic needs and
institutionalizing them, harshly punishing both drug dealers and
consumers, putting repeat offenders in prison with lengthy sentences,
strictly enforcing laws against vandalism, littering, loitering,
camping, open fires, public indecency, public urination, public
intoxication, theft, robbery, assault, battery-- pretty much the entire
section of the penal code that is currently being routinely ignored.
 In short, imposing order with force and severity. That's how you do it.
There is no other way to do it. At least no other way for *us* to do it.
The Japan option is not on the table anymore, so we're left with having
to do it the ugly way.
 We can clean things up the ugly way or we can continue to have an ugly
country. Those are the only two options. Jimmy Kimmel has chosen the
latter. He and his leftist friends choose to have an ugly country while
complaining that the country is ugly.