Re: What's Your Favorite Government Expenditure?

Sujet : Re: What's Your Favorite Government Expenditure?
De : gmsingh (at) *nospam* email.com (trotsky)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 06. Apr 2024, 10:31:48
On 4/4/24 4:18 PM, moviePig wrote:
On 4/4/2024 3:49 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
In article <17c31ee562af77e5$33225$111488$4ed50460@news.newsdemon.com>,
  moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:

On 4/3/2024 7:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:
On 4/3/2024 2:08 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
On Apr 3, 2024 at 2:46:03 AM PDT, "FPP" <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:

On 4/2/24 6:34 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
In article <a60p0j9mro42sauclhjq06j97sqhl3qc9s@4ax.com>,

On Tue, 02 Apr 2024 14:17:57 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

Just taking a little poll here. What is you guys' favorite part of
the recent $1.2 trillion federal spending bill?

Is it...

(1) $850,000 for a gay senior citizen home in Massachusetts; or

Why do they need a home just for gay senior citizens? There must be
something else going on.

And why should do I, as a California resident, pay for it? If
Massachusetts needs gay senior citizens homes, let Massachusetts pay
for them.

(2) $15,000,000 for Egyptian college tuitions; or

(3) $400,000 for a group that helps teens hide their gender from
their
parents; or

Given the way some parents act I can see this being needed.

Regardless of whether it's needed, why is this something the federal
government should pay for? If it's so necessary, let the local
community fund it.

Is it illegal for the Federal government to pay for it?  Is it
constitutional?

Helping troon teens deceive their parents is not one of the enumerated
powers of the federal government in Article I, Section 8.

Neither is building highways, unless you're a mailman.

The interstate highway system was originally a military project to ensure
troops and material could be quickly moved from one part of the country
to another. That makes constructing it a proper exercise of federal power.

So, e.g., abortions are constitutional if the military performs them?

Abortions are constitutional already, so I don't understand your
question. E.g., oodles of them are performed in California every day (at
taxpayer expense-- yay!).
 Abortions in Texas.
Isn't that the name of a new white supremacist band?