Re: Jimmy Kimmel Calls USA "Filthy And Disgusting" After Traveling to Japan: "We Are Like Hogs Compared to the Japanese"

Sujet : Re: Jimmy Kimmel Calls USA "Filthy And Disgusting" After Traveling to Japan: "We Are Like Hogs Compared to the Japanese"
De : never (at) *nospam* nothere.com (moviePig)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 07. Apr 2024, 00:00:20
On 4/6/2024 2:54 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
In article <17c3b84215071849$362$1351842$40d50a60@news.newsdemon.com>,
  moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:

On 4/5/2024 7:10 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
On Apr 5, 2024 at 4:00:25 PM PDT, "moviePig" <never@nothere.com> wrote:

On 4/5/2024 5:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
   On Apr 5, 2024 at 1:28:21 PM PDT, "moviePig" <never@nothere.com> wrote:

   On 4/5/2024 3:29 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
     FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:
     On 4/4/24 11:40 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
     In article <uunqht$152al$1@dont-email.me>,
     super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

     On 2024-04-05 00:03:47 +0000, FPP said:

So you'd be OK with higher taxes to fix our problems at home,
right? Because that's how things work.

Tokyo has 14 million people, I doubt "everywhere you go" is so
clean it would pass a Drill Sergeant's inspection (google "Tokyo
slums" if you don't believe me).

Kimmel's rant fits in well with our homegrown rightwingers'
racist dog whistle about "dirty Blue-run cities" though.

How exactly is it racist to point out how filthy and trash-strewn
and graffiti-covered the blue cities are?

Because when you look at the states that are consistently at the
bottom of the barrel in terms of education, infant mortality, income,
etc, - they're all Red States.
     Which has nothing to do with why the sidewalks of Los Angeles are
covered with human shit and the sidewalks of Miami are not.

No, that'd owe to tourism.
   You're saying it's the tourists that are shitting on our sidewalks?
   Really?

Kowtowing to tourism is a sacred calling in So. Florida.

And it's not in L.A. with Hollywood, Venice Beach, the Walk of Fame,
Disneyland, etc.? Tourists are all over the West Side. The TMZ-style buses
and vans clog traffic everywhere, shuttling loads of them around to various
stars' homes and places where various movies and TV shows were filmed.

(Hint: the streets of Dallas aren't covered in human shit, either. Not
exactly a tourist Mecca.)

I haven't been to L.A., which I'm sure has plenty of tourist trade. But
I've not seen any state's economy so dedicated to it as Florida's.
 Florida has beaches and alligators.
 California has beaches plus dozens of other tourist sites. I haven't
crunched the numbers, but off the top of my head, I'd guess tourism is
significantly bigger in California than Florida.** Hell, we have
Yosemite here, too. That alone would rival Florida's tourist numbers.
 And I'll leave this here again since you seem to have missed it the
first time: The streets of Dallas aren't covered in human shit, either.
Not exactly a tourist Mecca.
  **Although I will admit, the leftist government here is doing everything
it can to destroy the tourism industry in California. Earlier this
month, a 6-year-old girl was making the tourist rounds with her family
and she was put into a coma by a psychotic vagrant who walked up to her
and punched in the face, knocking her to the sidewalk where her head
bounced off the concrete. A vagrant who was on his 20th trip on the
catch-and-release merry-go-round that the leftists here call a criminal
justice system.
 If she survives, I don't suppose she or her family will ever come back
to California again and the tales they'll tell to their friends and
neighbors back in Des Moines or Knoxville or Tulsa or wherever they're
from will ensure they don't, either.
    "The tourism industry is responsible for 2.9% of the U.S. GDP. That number is even higher in Florida, where tourism represents 10% of the state's overall GDP."
https://www.xola.com/articles/us-tourism-top-states-stats-round-up-post/
But what I'm talking about is, e.g., a general constant awareness of "tourist season", which I've not encountered elsewhere.