Re: TV news for March 30-April 6, 2024

Sujet : Re: TV news for March 30-April 6, 2024
De : nanoflower (at) *nospam* notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 07. Apr 2024, 01:07:16
On Sat, 6 Apr 2024 15:18:27 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

On 4/6/24 2:37 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

     ABC news

‘Will Trent’ Renewed For Season 3 By ABC  (April 3)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/will-trent-renewed-season-3-abc-1235875431/

I'm sayin' I beat Robin!!  ;p

‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Renewed For Season 21 By ABC  (April 2)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/greys-anatomy-renewed-season-21-abc-1235874176/

I'm quittin' unless Jo comes back!!  ;p

What do you mean comes back? She's not going anywhere.

‘9-1-1’ Renewed For Eighth Season By ABC  (April 2)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/9-1-1-renewed-for-eighth-season-abc-1235873978/

Meh!

‘9-1-1’ & ‘The Bachelor’ Crossover Is Happening Because Of Jennifer Love
Hewitt  (March 30)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/9-1-1-the-bachelor-crossover-jennifer-love-hewitt-1235872491/

Damn her!
Damn her to Hell!!  :p

A reason for me to continue a long standing tradition of not watching
this show.

     CBS news

‘FBI: International’ Adds Teri Polo To Season 3 Cast  (April 2)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/fbi-international-teri-polo-season-3-cast-1235874372/

Sure.
But I'm sad they lost the previous Euro hottie...

‘Elsbeth’ Rounds Out Guest Cast With Elizabeth Lail, Arian Moayed &
Laura Benanti  (April 1)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/elsbeth-cast-elizabeth-lail-arian-moayed-laura-benanti-1235873010/

Wow - Lail as main cast could have almost gotten me to start watching
this! Good thing she's just a guest star!

‘The Walking Dead: Dead City’ Adds Kim Coates To Season 2 [AMC]  (April 4)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/the-walking-dea
     Streaming service news--Paramount+

‘Tulsa King’: Frank Grillo Joins Season 2 Of Paramount+ Series  (April 4)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/tulsa-king-frank-grillo-season-2-1235876246/

This may actually get me to check this out...

You should. I quite enjoyed season 1 of the show.

‘Criminal Minds: Evolution’ Casts Felicity Huffman [Paramount+]  (April 1)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/criminal-minds-evolution-casts-felicity-huffman-jason-gideon-ex-wife-1235871968/

OTOH, this probably does the opposite here...

So she's going to be a regular on the show? Concentrating more on
family life and losing out on the case work?

     Streaming service news--Prime Video

‘Legally Blonde’ Spinoff Series In Works At Amazon  (April 4)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/legally-blonde-spinoff-series-amazon-reese-witherspoon-josh-schwartz-stephanie-savage-1235876136/

Oh, Gawd, no! - this is another thing that should never have gone past
the original first film.

Gotta keep reusing concepts that worked once upon a time in the hopes
they can recapture that lightning.

‘Gen V’ Season 2 Production Delayed Following Star Chance Perdomo’s
Tragic Death  (March 30)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/gen-v-season-2-production-chance-perdomo-dead-1235872453/

At this point, I think the odds that we ever see a second season of this
series are incredibly low...

I'm not sure about that but not for at least a year if it does come
back.

Instead, I expect some of the characters to pop up in season #4 of "The
Boys".

That's possible.

     Ratings

CBS Scripted Premieres Stay Strong In MP35 As ‘Tracker’ Continues To
Lead The Charge  (April 5)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/cbs-scripted-premieres-viewership-mp35-tracker-1235876605/

So many people around here love "Tracker"!!  [/snark]

It's not a bad show but it isn't a great one either.

     The business of TV

Bob Iger Says Netflix-Like Password Sharing Plan On Disney+ Will Start
In June ­Update  (April 5)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/disney-streaming-password-sharing-netflix-bob-iger-1235818554/

What - No news on how Disney cheated their way through the shareholder
Board vote?!

They aren't going to talk about that. We will have to see what happens
in 2025 when there is almost certainly a repeat in the runup to the
vote.

I do love how this means that Disney is totally f**ked going forward! -
They are DOOMED!!  [ha ha ha ha]

I don't want them to be doomed. I want Eiger and company to change
their ways and concentrate on making good movies/shows that the
viewers want to see and quit worrying so much about DEI. If you want
to test that out then pick a movie/show and put your DEI and marketing
efforts into that show/movie and see if it can draw in new audiences.
If it can't then putting DEI forward as the most important agenda for
any new show or movie seems like a horrible idea.

Joe Flaherty Dies: ‘SCTV’ And ‘Freaks And Geeks’ Actor Was 82  (April 2)

https://deadline.com/2024/04/joe-flaherty-dead-1235873973/

:(

Though 82 is a pretty good run.

True. It's just always sad when someone that has brought so much joy
and entertainment to so many passes away.