Re: The M-SHE-U Gender Switches the Silver Surfer

Sujet : Re: The M-SHE-U Gender Switches the Silver Surfer
De : no_email (at) *nospam* invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 07. Apr 2024, 17:27:02
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com wrote:
BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

If they feel the need to woke it up and turn the Silver Surfer into a
broad, why not Sydney Sweeney?

Vanessa Kirby as Sue Storm does please me. I'm there for anything she does.

My understanding is that 1) There was a female Silver Surfer in the
comics so this isn't necessarily a change from the comics

No, not really. I mean, there was a female version but she was in only four
panels. Galactus has had two female heralds before, so why not use her?

Why do the silver surfer or Galactus again at all? Why cast a dullard like
Pedro Pascal as the smartest man in the universe?

I read that John Krasinsky was originally planning on reprising his role as
Richards from DOCTOR STRANGE, which would have been perfect, but Marvel
wanted Pascal. I guess Krasinsky doesn't wear enough women's clothes or
something.