Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-06 (Saturday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-06 (Saturday)
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 07. Apr 2024, 18:34:30
On 4/7/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

What did you watch?
I finally caught up on sleeping yesterday after *really* sleeping in! Then I mostly left the Lifetimes on in the background yesterday, and alternated between relaxing and getting stuff done.
But I did get through a few things:
Night Court (2023) (Peacock) - "Wrath of Comic-Con" (ep. #2.6). Abby's old childhood friend (Jessica St. Clair) shows up in town, and Olivia and co. make Abby realize that she actually doesn't like her crazy, irresponsible old "friend"... But the funniest bits in this episode involved Dan, who is once again being menaced by the vengeful Julianne (Wendy Malick) - this eventually involves Dan dressing up as a Klingon (Star Trek III callback!!) to hide from Juliane, and this has a couple of actually good gags.
golf - Day 3 at the Valero Texas Open - This was being dominated by new guy Akshay Bhatia, and so as a result wasn't very interesting. So I did really watch it much.
soaps: DOOL - Fri's ep. This episode felt weird, and it really put me off - like it had been filmed after a time-jump (the dialogue even implies a time-jump in one place, but contracted that in another!).
    But what really threw me off is that Tate has been recast!! - This sucks, cause I actually quite liked Jamie Martin Mann in the role (apparently, Mann left the show to go to college full-time - good for him!). He has been replaced with Leo Howard as Tate. Now Howard has an accomplished acting resume, so that's not the problem. The issue is, 1) Howard looks *nothing like* Mann, and 2) Howard is too old for the role! He looks a decade older than Mann! (As I figured, Howard is 26 years old now! too old for this role!!)
    The other thing that made me think there was a time-jump in filming is that it looked like Ashley Puzemis had suddenly put on a little weight.
    Anyway, in this one, NuTate sneaks out to see Holly. Meanwhile, Brady goes over to EJ's and Nicole's to demand the public apology for Tate's wrongful arrest. Of course, NuTate and Holly get caught together, and both Brady and Nicole forbid them from seeing each other (yeah - like that will work!). Separately, Jada hires Sloan to finalize her divorce from Everett/Bobby, but when they want Everett to sign the divorce decree as "Bobby Stein", he refuses! Stephanie commiserates with Chad (why Chad?!) about Everett, and Chad vows to help her with Everett. Eric discovers that Sloan is behind on their rent (which explains why Sloan is working so hard) - how long is it until Eric discovers Leo is blackmailing Sloan?!
Secret Life of a Sorority Girl (Lifetime) - This was pretty ridiculous. I did love how the movie's blurb basically gave almost the entire plot of the film away.
    Of course, the film sports a "twist" that anyone could see from a mile away...
    This was an odd experience, as I'm about 100% sure that Jessica Morris has pretty much *zero* background as a "dancer" (yeah, I'm sure she does stuff like yoga, but that's not dancing!), so Morris playing a stripper was probably a little beyond her skill set! and came off a little awkward. Luckily, we don't see her dancing, much.
    Anyway, this takes some silly turns, like the bouncer at the strip club not catching on that this was the same woman he kicked out earlier, just because she's wearing a wig as a stripper.
    I don't think I've ever seen Jessica Lynn Wallace, who plays the kidnapped daughter/coed/sorority sister/stripper before. But she's honestly not in this much.
    Anyway, this was pretty part for the course for a Jessica Morris Lifetime flick.
What did you watch?