Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-06 (Saturday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-06 (Saturday)
De : arthur (at) *nospam* alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 07. Apr 2024, 18:49:07
On 4/7/2024 8:27 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
I watched:

WES CRAVEN DISOWNED THIS MOVIE! - DEADLY FRIEND (1986):
On this episode of Weird Movies With Mark, I talk about Deadly Friend
(1986)
 That was the movie that made me fall in love with Kristy Swanson!
I just watched it a few weeks back.  The movie is in desperate need of a commentary track.
I watched:
Rosemary's Baby (4K disc) 1968 horror movie directed by Roman Polanski and starring Mia Farrow as a woman whose husband sales her out to a religious cult looking for a woman to give birth to the antichrist. This is another movie that could really use a commentary track.
The Omen (blu-ray) 1976 horror movie directed by Richard Donner and starring Gregory Peck as the U.S. ambassador to the UK who secretly adopts Rosemary's Baby without realizing it's the antichrist until it's too late.  This movie's score won Jerry Goldsmith a well deserved academy award.  The disc has three very good commentary tracks, that I've never heard.  I *almost* picked one to listen to on this viewing but couldn't because it would have muted out the score.
Damien – Omen II (blu-ray) 1978 sequel which picks up with a now teenage antichrist realizing who and what he really is as everyone around him has a series of fatal accidents.  I remember frequently watching this on TV when I was a kid and it always felt more TV than movie as a result. It was a little weird seeing it in scope.  I was also surprised to learn that Jerry Goldsmith did the score on this one two.  I sampled a little of the commentary and learned that all three Omen movies were designed as a trilogy from the start.  I was very surprised to hear that.
Omen III: The Final Conflict (blu-ray) Next sequel in the Omen franchise which finds a now adult Damien (Sam Neill) readying his plan for world domination but first he has to find and kill the new baby Jesus.  This is another that I mostly know from watching on TV so seeing it in full scope was a little weird.  That and wrapping my head around Jerry Goldsmith did the score for this movie too.  I know there is a 4th Omen movie, but it wasn't included in the box set (it is included in a different box set) and not available to stream for free.  The box set does include the remake which I had planned to watch, but then decided to save for another day.
The Ninth Gate (blu-ray) 1999 horror movie directed by Roman Polanski and starring Johnny Depp as a rare book dealer who is hired by Frank Langella to track down and investigate three copies of a book that Langella believes will allow him to summon the devil.  Along the way as Depp tacks down the owners of the books people keep dying in oddly ritualistic ways.  This is a criminally underrated movie with a pretty good score too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7APF2mUo7bE