Re: Ping anim

Sujet : Re: Ping anim
De : nanoflower (at) *nospam* notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 10. Apr 2024, 03:09:58
On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 18:52:56 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

On Tue, 09 Apr 2024 18:29:13 -0400

On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 17:14:11 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

On Tue, 09 Apr 2024 16:37:35 -0400

On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 16:08:32 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

One of my friends just shared a video with me touting the
features of the latest Tesla FSD (Full Self Driving) software and
I was surprised to find that it was made in Scottsdale. It's
essentially the first video footage I've seen of the place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX4kekZ2Fps [25 minutes]

I've always found it interesting to see places I've never been.
They always seem to look different than whatever I've
anticipated. This is no exception. I suppose I was expecting more
sandy desert and cactus and fewer boulders and scrub grass and
palm trees ;-)

Anyway, anyone curious to see what the area looks like might find
this an interesting video.

Looks much like it did back in the 90s. I spent a week out in the
Phoenix area for work. Now if you head North/North East about 100
miles you will find much more trees and the temps will be much
cooler as you head into the mountains.

Am I safe in assuming that the trees were planted by people rather
than natural processes and that the existence of the trees has
caused the cooler temperatures as approach the mountains?

In the Phoenix area it's mostly planted trees. Going up NE of Phoenix
into the mountains you get trees that were naturally there. The cooler
temps are more due to the higher elevations than the trees as they
aren't the thick groves you see in Canada or on the east coast of the
USA. After all you go north/NE of Phoenix/Scottsdale the elevation
changes from close to sea level up to several thousand feet above sea
level. You can see the change more dramatically at the Grand Canyon
where there can be 10-15 degrees difference between the top of the
canyon and the bottom, a difference of about five thousand feet or
more.

Thanks for clarifying that. Somehow, I thought you were implying that
the trees alone made all the difference but it seems I misread your
intention ;-)

No, I was just commenting on the expectations that many people, myself
included might have for a place like Arizona. Expecting there to be no
trees at all when in fact, depending upon the climate (which can vary
depending upon the elevation), there can be plenty of trees and other
types of greenery.
Arizona is just one of those places where you can feel the difference
the elevation makes in the temp in just a few hours by just walking in
a place like the Grand Canyon. Normally we would have to drive for
hours to see a significant change in temps that are solely due to
elevation changes.