Re: Eclipse Emergency Plans?

Sujet : Re: Eclipse Emergency Plans?
De : weberm (at) *nospam* polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 10. Apr 2024, 10:30:52
no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:
The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
On Mon, 08 Apr 2024 13:21:48 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

Well, we made it through the eclipse in L.A. We only had about half
occlusion here but as far as a I could tell the effects were
indistinguishable from a normal day: mild rioting with a soupcon of
cannibalism.

We probably would have had the same occlusion as LA here in Vancouver
but due to heavy rain it was a complete non-issue here.

Our forecast called for overcast and the day was indeed quite overcast
for the first several hours. But it started to clear up roughly about
the time the eclipse started. Mind you, I have no idea if it cleared up
in Hamilton and Niagara Region where most of the eclipse watchers were
going.

So far, there have been no reports of mayhem associated with the
eclipse although traffic might have been unusually heavy down that way.

By the way, just about ALL of the school boards finally cancelled
school today "out of an abundance of caution". I was finally satisfied
that this was probably the right move given that some students, when
told to NOT look at the sun, simply couldn't be relied upon to obey
that directive. I'm thinking especially of special needs kids who seem
to act primarily on impulses that they have a great deal of trouble
resisting. Even if given eclipse glasses, I doubt they could have been
relied upon to keep them on.

I remember there was a total eclipse when I was in first grade but remember
not being let outside to see it, it might have been downpouring at the time.

--
Let's go Brandon!