Re: Ping anim

Sujet : Re: Ping anim
De : suzeeq (at) *nospam* imbris.com (suzeeq)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 10. Apr 2024, 22:36:15
On 4/10/2024 1:07 PM, shawn wrote:
On Wed, 10 Apr 2024 12:55:54 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

In article
<1782814550.734460645.097495.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

One of my friends just shared a video with me touting the features of
the latest Tesla FSD (Full Self Driving) software and I was surprised
to find that it was made in Scottsdale. It's essentially the first
video footage I've seen of the place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX4kekZ2Fps [25 minutes]

I've always found it interesting to see places I've never been. They
always seem to look different than whatever I've anticipated. This is
no exception. I suppose I was expecting more sandy desert and cactus and
fewer boulders and scrub grass and palm trees ;-)

Anyway, anyone curious to see what the area looks like might find this
an interesting video.

Thanks for the post. I found it an interesting watch.

It does confuse me on several points.

The bashes he went to (supermarket) isn’t even in Scottsdale. It’s about 15
miles to the south in another city. Bashes supermarkets are all over the
place. There are literally half a dozen between the one he went to and his
friends house so I have no idea why he did that.

The cheesesteak place he went to, I’ve never heard of, but it’s very near
my old office, and only a couple miles from where I live.

Most of what you see in the video are freeways, industrial areas, shopping
centers. That is what those things look like but if you drove around
through neighborhoods people live in, you would see a lot more lawns and
greenery. Traditionally people move here from back east to get away from
their allergies and bring with them everything they were allergic to.

Yes, palm trees are everywhere! I have had several. They are actually
rogue. They just appear in your yard one day and then decades later are 50
feet tall. I have had several removed because they were too close to the
house and were going to take the roof right off as they pushed on the eaves
from below.

Yes, L.A.'s ubiquitous and signature palm trees are not native to
California, either. They're an invasive species (actually several
species) that people just happen to find attractive for landscaping.

I've read that palms are also technically not trees. Don't know if
that's true or not.
 So it is just like the tumbleweed. We associate the tumbleweed with
the old west and palm trees with Los Angeles/Hollywood and neither one
actually belongs there.

Tumbleweeds are real and they're found all over the West, maybe in the midwest too. I've seen them and I live more than 1000 from SoCal.