Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

Sujet : Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs
De : fredp1571 (at) *nospam* gmail.com (FPP)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 11. Apr 2024, 16:38:58
On 4/9/24 11:32 AM, moviePig wrote:
On 4/9/2024 9:17 AM, FPP wrote:
On 4/5/24 4:15 PM, moviePig wrote:
On 4/5/2024 9:37 AM, FPP wrote:
On 4/4/24 10:53 PM, moviePig wrote:
On 4/4/2024 8:06 PM, FPP wrote:
On 4/4/24 11:31 AM, moviePig wrote:
On 4/4/2024 6:51 AM, FPP wrote:
On 4/3/24 2:22 PM, moviePig wrote:
On 4/3/2024 5:59 AM, FPP wrote:
On 4/3/24 4:38 AM, shawn wrote:
On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 23:45:56 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13261563/Angie-Harmon-reveals-Instacart-driver-shot-KILLED-dogs.html >

The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that one of her family's
dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person over the Easter
weekend. The 51-year-old former LAW & ORDER star revealed on Instagram on
Monday that her dog Oliver had been killed by the delivery person after he
dropped off groceries to their home in Charlotte, North Carolina.

"This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for InstaCart shot & killed
our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet photos of the
deceased pet. "He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN shot our
dog.
Our Ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then knew he
wasn’t
being recorded. The police let him go because he claimed self-defense. He
did
not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn. He was shopping
under a woman's identity named Merle. He shot our dog with my daughters and
myself at home and just kept saying, "Yeah, I shot your dog. Yeah, I did."
We
are completely traumatized and beyond devastated at the loss of our beloved
boy and family member."

InstaCart responded to Harmon's claims with a statement to DailyMail.com:

"We were deeply saddened and disturbed to hear about this incident. We have no
tolerance for violence of any kind and the shopper account was immediately
suspended from our platform," it said. "We have been in direct contact with
the customer and are cooperating with law enforcement on their
investigation."

In an update from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department to TMZ, law
enforcement officials confirmed that the InstaCart driver claimed he shot
the
dog in self-defense.

"The investigation revealed that a delivery driver arrived at the residence to
deliver consumable goods. The driver told officers that a dog attacked him
while he was at the residence and that he defended himself by firing a
single
gunshot, striking and mortally wounding the dog. Another dog was present at
the residence but did not attack."

They added that the department's Animal Control division was also involved in
the response to the shooting but the department confirmed that no charges
had
been filed against the driver at this time.

The police department added that it was not seeking out any other individuals

I’ve looked at the postings online and have some questions.

Ring doorbells are rechargeable? You can just stick them up to the front of
the house and move them in and out? How come they don’t get stolen all the
time?

Yeah, that has to be the case because most of them (all that I see
around here) are just stuck to the door so there's no power
connection. I haven't checked but assumed that the ring is locked to
the case until you use the app to unlock the ring device.

The groceries delivered Were a very small package left at the front door. I
thought from the story presented he/she/it must’ve come inside to see that
her ring doorbell was recharging. So I’m not sure how he/she/it knew.

I assume the actual device was missing (since it was inside
recharging) so the easier way to put it is that the driver saw that
there was no camera. He may not even have known they had a Ring device
unless he delivered items there before.

Ring is currently heavily advertising that every big moment in your life
happens on your front porch and is captured by your ring doorbell video
which is just galactically stupid but will they continue this campaign?

I wonder what Instacart and the local police policy is on Instacart,
drivers carrying weapons, potentially concealed?

My guess is just the what ever the local laws are.

They won’t do anything to he/she/it. PETA goes to peoples homes and steals
their animals and kills them because they don’t think animals should be
pets and it’s just a small fine.

Yeah, without a video of what the guy did I don't expect anything to
happen to him.

You're kidding, right?  Without him having proof of self defense, he's going to get his ass sued off.

As far as criminal charges go, that'll depend on what, if anything, he's charged with - as well as his past record, if he has one.

I don't want to believe there are people who'd shoot a dog with zero provocation, and I'm guessing a jury might not want to either.

Wow, pig.  So you've never been on a jury before, have you?

No, I fail the voir dire.  But in this instance it's the word of the victim and only witness against the owners' speculative "certainty".

The guy doing the shooting is the one who needs to show his reason for shooting in the first place.

You don't want to believe that people treat animals badly?  Do you live under a rock?

I couldn't convict the guy based simply on my angry suspicions.

What provocation justifies killing an animal?  Because unless there was some kind of justification, he shot a dog in the dog's own home.

You condone abusing animals that haven't done anything to warrant it?

In this instance, it seems to be a question of evidence, and there's only the victim's.  It'd take a helluva lot of testimony about past behavior -- probably about both victim and dog -- to outweigh that.

Not how things work, pig.  The guy who put the bullet in the dog has to account for his actions, not the other way around.

The burden isn't on the victim.

You run down an old man in his back yard, you'd better have a pretty good excuse.
 The shooter says the dog viciously menaced him.  What else is there?
A lot more.  He pulled a gun and shot it.  Better be a witness, video, bite marks, scratches.  Something.
He came on to private property and shot something to death.  The burden of proof isn't on the dead dog.
--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC Bible  25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0