Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-10 (Wednesday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-10 (Wednesday)
De : arthur (at) *nospam* alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 11. Apr 2024, 18:29:38
On 4/11/2024 5:35 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
On 4/11/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

[What did you watch?]
 Wednesdays are my long workdays, so almost nothing. Indeed, I only managed to get through one soap:
 soaps: DOOL - Nicole and Kristen (enjoyably) really get into it, after Nicole tears into Kristen for going after dumb Holly (who wasn't in the episode), and EJ has to break it up, threatening to kick Kristen out of the mansion if she doesn't leave Nicole alone! Later, Kristen conspires to be made CEO of DiMera instead of EJ. [roll] Jada confronts Everett about (not) signing the divorce papers in front of Leo and Stephanie, and Stephanie is disgusted (without asking Everett his side) and later buries the hatchet with Jada, whereas Leo wants to write the story! Eric is quickly figuring out that Sloan is spending large secret amounts of money on something, and vows to get to the bottom of it, while Sloan manages to get Leo to suspend exhorting money from her! Xander tries to figure out who framed him.
 Aside from that, I saw some of "The Neighbors Are Watching" on LMN, because I didn't remember the details of the flick. But I didn't watch to the end, however, and still don't remember how it resolves!
 Then I went to bed early.
 What did you watch?

This is a multi-day catch up.  I watched:
Parish (AMC) I watched the first episode of this new crime series starring Giancarlo Esposito as a former criminal trying to live an honest life as a husband, father, and small business owner. But with debts getting out of hand he's talked into pulling one last job by an old friend fresh out of jail.  Esposito is the get away driver for a bank heist is always the smartest man in the room and two steps ahead of everyone else.  So far the show is off to a good start.
Shogun (FX) - "Chapter Eight: The Abyss of Life" - Following the events from last week when someone slipped and fell on a rock.  No, I refuse to get over that!  Torangana is in mourning and preparing for surrender, which will mean sure death for him and probably his lieutenants too.  I went into this episode thinking to myself there's no way he's really going to surrender.  This must be a trick. He's playing the long game. Throughout the episode everyone keeps saying, this *must* be a trick. He's playing the long game, right?  Right?!?  Good episode.
X-Men '97 (Disney+) - Thanks to bullying by the internet and the non-stop posting of spoilers, I binged through episodes 2 - 5 and I'm all caught up now.  Sure they were generally good and episode 5 was shocking, but the internet really needs to cool it with the spoilers! Back in my day when I had to walk to school up hill, both ways, if I wanted to get spoiled on the latest episode of a show I had to go usenet and click the wrong thread.  Now all I have to do is read twitter and every 5 posts there's not only a spoiler in the subject there's a video playing that I don't need to click to see it.  It's just there.